Sorry, I don't believe a word from US now

Old Apr 13, 2007, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Sorry, I don't believe a word from US now

Will shorten the story. But have been trying to burn approx. 750,000 miles so my wife took a very stressful and (costly to US) route into booking three Biz class tickets to OZ on * Alliance. I mentioned the real numbers here before, but IIRC she had to make something like 40+ calls and I can't even remember the number of hours blown.

Good news was that we landed something through Thai LAX/BKK/SYD and then Asiana SYD/ICN/LAX.

During the whole process of reserving flights on various carriers which was interesting since we wanted a 30 day itinerary and we had to play the "330 days out game." During that time we had seats assigned PHX/LAX and LAX/PHX on US in F. The final itinerary didn't assign seats but placed us in Coach.

My wife called today and got a line of BS. She was told that "these seats are held back until closer to the flight when we may be able to upgrade you." Horsepucky! We had seats assigned in F one week prior to nailing this itinerary down, so I believe that this is pure unadulterated BS from Tempe.

My wife is one of those phantom Golds that definitely did not participate in any marketing program to become Gold. She flew 11 segments in 2006. I am a real Gold, just making it in Dec on top of renewing my AA Plat EXP. Our son doesn't have any status, though he was close to Silver last year.

Think we'll get F? I doubt it.

It's PHX/LAX and LAX/PHX so I can't get too worked up about the comfort for an hour. It's the weaseling crap that I am sick of at US.

I'll end up by stating that I did end up on a US PHX/DFW flight this coming Monday (don't ask, I threw a fit at Amex Travel ) and my real Gold status didn't qualify for an UG.

Travis Christ wants to sell you a used car, some beach front property in AZ and his grandmother.

Done. Done. Done.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by KevAZ
Will shorten the story. But have been trying to burn approx. 750,000 miles so my wife took a very stressful and (costly to US) route into booking three Biz class tickets to OZ on * Alliance. I mentioned the real numbers here before, but IIRC she had to make something like 40+ calls and I can't even remember the number of hours blown.

Good news was that we landed something through Thai LAX/BKK/SYD and then Asiana SYD/ICN/LAX.

During the whole process of reserving flights on various carriers which was interesting since we wanted a 30 day itinerary and we had to play the "330 days out game." During that time we had seats assigned PHX/LAX and LAX/PHX on US in F. The final itinerary didn't assign seats but placed us in Coach.

My wife called today and got a line of BS. She was told that "these seats are held back until closer to the flight when we may be able to upgrade you." Horsepucky! We had seats assigned in F one week prior to nailing this itinerary down, so I believe that this is pure unadulterated BS from Tempe.

My wife is one of those phantom Golds that definitely did not participate in any marketing program to become Gold. She flew 11 segments in 2006. I am a real Gold, just making it in Dec on top of renewing my AA Plat EXP. Our son doesn't have any status, though he was close to Silver last year.

It's PHX/LAX and LAX/PHX so I can't get too worked up about the comfort for an hour. It's the weaseling crap that I am sick of at US.

I'll end up by stating that I did end up on a US PHX/DFW flight this coming Monday (don't ask, I threw a fit at Amex Travel ) and my real Gold status didn't qualify for an UG.

Travis Christ wants to sell you a used car, some beach front property in AZ and his grandmother.

Done. Done. Done.
KevAZ, I back you here 100%. It does not matter if the flight is a BWI-DCA or MDW-ORD, it is about the principle!
Old Apr 14, 2007, 8:28 am

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
Originally Posted by KevAZ

Done. Done. Done.
Last year we took award routing from JFK - BKK - HKG - ICN - NRT - IAD in Business Class. TG does not offer 1st on most US - BKK routes (Airbus Service is all new Business Class Only). If the itinerary includes a segment that only offers a Bus Class seating, you can not easily get 1st on the other asian carriers even if they offer it. You will be stuck with business.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by joshua-bwi
Last year we took award routing from JFK - BKK - HKG - ICN - NRT - IAD in Business Class. TG does not offer 1st on most US - BKK routes (Airbus Service is all new Business Class Only). If the itinerary includes a segment that only offers a Bus Class seating, you can not easily get 1st on the other asian carriers even if they offer it. You will be stuck with business.
I asked for Biz because I was aware of the award availability in F for three. No problem there. I do have a problem with US' lying ways about not providing us F from PHX/LAX and back. Somehow whenever I mention US, I think of an overused blue PortaPotty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.