Community
Wiki Posts
Search

different US status on UA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:33 am
Original Poster

different US status on UA

Mrs. Zeke320 fell back to gold this year from CP. However, every time we fly UA they still show her as CP on her boarding pass. US boarding passes show her as Gold. Anyone have any clue as to why this is? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by zeke320
Mrs. Zeke320 fell back to gold this year from CP. However, every time we fly UA they still show her as CP on her boarding pass. US boarding passes show her as Gold. Anyone have any clue as to why this is? Thanks in advance.
"With UA, everyone is #1"- not...

Anyhow, just wondering does UA pring just 2 digit elite code- SP, GP, PP, CP. Lol! I've flown in Feb '07 and cannot remember. I do remember the wording/ or coding is very small.

On US however, the Elite Status is big, except I miss the "Preferred" word after the status.

Still, can't beat GOLD
Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
"With UA, everyone is #1"- not...

Anyhow, just wondering does UA pring just 2 digit elite code- SP, GP, PP, CP. Lol! I've flown in Feb '07 and cannot remember. I do remember the wording/ or coding is very small.

On US however, the Elite Status is big, except I miss the "Preferred" word after the status.

Still, can't beat GOLD
My last UA BP from March 07 had my US # and US CHMN under my name.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:27 am

And my last UA BP had "silver" spelled out in full.

As for the OP's question, I can't offer any particular insight as to why UA thinks Mrs. Zeke320 is still a CP, but it's my understanding that having UA show incorrect status isn't a particularly unique issue. In your case, to the extent that her showing CP instead of Gold might increase her/your chances for an op-up or E+ seating, I wouldn't bother trying to get it corrected . . . . Is she getting the GP mileage bonus or the CP bonus when the miles post? (I'm assuming US credits her as a GP, since that's her actual status . . . .)
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:33 am
Original Poster

She only gets GP bonus when UA miles post to US account. Boarding passes say "US CHMN" under name.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: US Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by zeke320
She only gets GP bonus when UA miles post to US account. Boarding passes say "US CHMN" under name.
There was another post that said that UA and the other *A carriers don't have real time access to the US preferred member list, so any status changes may not be reflected immediately. Give it a week or two and they'll update the database and then her UA boarding passes will probably start reading GOLD.

My wife and I just moved up from GOLD to PLAT last week, and we're flying united next Friday, so I'm curious to see if the boarding passes will show our new status.

Brett
Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Captain Flush
And my last UA BP had "silver" spelled out in full.

As for the OP's question, I can't offer any particular insight as to why UA thinks Mrs. Zeke320 is still a CP, but it's my understanding that having UA show incorrect status isn't a particularly unique issue. In your case, to the extent that her showing CP instead of Gold might increase her/your chances for an op-up or E+ seating, I wouldn't bother trying to get it corrected . . . . Is she getting the GP mileage bonus or the CP bonus when the miles post? (I'm assuming US credits her as a GP, since that's her actual status . . . .)
I flew 9 segments on United in the last two weeks and they just showed my US number - no "Gold," "preferred" or anything else. But I did get my miles credited and posted within 24 hours, along with the bonus, so I'm not unhappy.

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.