Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US's executive office called me tonight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Sorry, but logins aren't the only way they do it. I was called by John Reistrup about the mess they created when they originally merged. My fifteen year old HP number was blown away and several hundred thousands of miles lost. My postings here made it to him and he called. It's through flight info that they track us down.

BTW, they never gave me my old HP number back, I was stuck with the US East's BM number. It's gone downhill from there quite fast. I am looking forward to Virgin America coming in and spanking US carriers hard and often.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
So - somebody there knew.
And you can bet if US c/s is sending out e-mails acknowledging it, the brass in Tempe has been fully aware of it from the moment it was discovered. Is there anyone who doesn't believe that the VP of Marketing didn't know this within a day or so of its being discovered ????!?!?!?
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by CarpeDiemPHX
#1 There is no way that US Airways could have legitimately determined legal names and correlated them with US Airways DM accounts. FACT. As a sign of my confidence in this statement, I will offer 100,000 DM miles (and I'll pay the transfer fee) to anyone who can determine my real name.
I'm not saying they did, as it would be a cumbersome process in relation to what they might have been trying to do, but for many of us, I do believe they could with enough effort..

Post such as these,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/show...70#post6506870

particularly when leaving the name of the CSR you spoke with, 'should' be pretty easy to track down:

Compare that info to the manifest for the 1930 flights on January 2, 2007

http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/show...96#post6940196

and the thru passengers from Newark to PHX on 22SEP 2006:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/show...61#post6381061

We tend to offer up a great deal of information about ourselves without realizing it.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Flush
Rumpelstiltskin?
probably more like Mister Mxyzptlk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.