Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ABE-PIT no more

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:08 pm

I just went into my corporate travel to book PIT-ABE for next month. I noticed all the non-stops are gone. So I came over here to see if anyone knows anything and see this thread! I hate, hate, hate going through PHL. I really don't want to drive from EWR.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:24 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I wondered about that but was too lazy to do a search to find out. If one or more of the WV cities are EAS it would explain why Colgan would move the flying there.

Jim
IIRC, PKB, CLB and MGW are the EAS service to CLE that some CO express operator had picked up and then couldn't hold onto. Colgan got it, and is using Saab 340s instead of B1900s.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:36 pm

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to have a choice. PIT-PHL-ABE is $444, PIT-EWR is $168. Looks like I'm driving from EWR.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The website and US reservations currently show ABE-PIT on the schedule again as of 9/1 operated by Colgan.

Res just has information that it is being discontinued but no information if it is actually being resumed. The agent I spoke with did say it is possible that they have just not loaded that change into the schedule yet that far in advance or they are keeping them in the schedule until they find another operator for those flights.

You would think that if they are dropping service between cities they would pull all of the flights in the schedule not just those that are four months in advance.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Interestingly, US added a 9:35AM flight from AVP-PIT (on a lovely DASH), but apparently it's only on the schedule from the beginning of May until the beginning of June. I wonder if US is testing the waters on ABE'ers driving the hour to AVP on the PA turnpike to fly a DASH to PIT, vs. dealing with PHL.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, National Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AMTRAK
This is interesting. I used to fly that route from time to time when I lived in Western NJ.

Slightly off topic, but I do know that the once discontinued MHT-PIT service (been gone for over a year) is re-appearing in June '07 on Trans-State Airlines (at least according to www.flymanchester.com). I see 1 non-stop in the "timetable" functionality, but can't access that flight in the booking engine....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.