US-West 757 F Config

Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
US-West 757 F Config

Was upgraded on US36 for Friday night (late-night 757 LAX-PHX), party of two. Was assigned 2C and 2D and did OLCI. On both the 2C and 2D boarding passes it indicated the seats were aisle. Now, the USAirways web site seat map as well as seatguru.com show 2C as an aisle and 2D as a window.

Has anyone seen this happen before, the discrepancy in seat description? I'm naturally paranoid but imagining a database problem that could lead to a duplicate seating assignment once we board...
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:22 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
This is a problem with East vs West... for example... on East (12 F) is:
1A 1C 1D 1F
2A 2C 2D 2F
3A 3C 3D 3F

on US West (America West) the seating is:
1A 1B 1C 1D
2A 2B 2C 2D
3A 3B 3C 3D

It was always a weird thing.. but not sure how they are going to change it. East has ACDF and West is ABCD... it is computers not understanding which type of aircraft.. fun huh?

Originally Posted by WNLuvr
Was upgraded on US36 for Friday night (late-night 757 LAX-PHX), party of two. Was assigned 2C and 2D and did OLCI. On both the 2C and 2D boarding passes it indicated the seats were aisle. Now, the USAirways web site seat map as well as seatguru.com show 2C as an aisle and 2D as a window.

Has anyone seen this happen before, the discrepancy in seat description? I'm naturally paranoid but imagining a database problem that could lead to a duplicate seating assignment once we board...
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
You can't always assume East & West will be the same

I'm on a HP-metal PHX-ORD flight next week and First Class is configured A-C / D-F. It's an A320, not a 757, but HP/West planes have been A-B / C-D in F for ever. The seat map for this particular flight has been that way for months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.