Is USAir blocking awards reservations?

Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USAir
Is USAir blocking awards reservations?

Hi all,
For years I have used my accumulated USAir miles from a Visa card to travel on vacation. They used to tell me you could call 317 days in advance of travel. Now when I call (for January 08 travel to STT), they tell me no seats are available. What gives? They can't have already sold out.
WGK
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
They most certainly could have. And I thought US was 330 days. Regardless, you're 312 days out. When I book my award tavel, I call at midnight that night when the window opens. There are tips for holding the outbound and booking 1-ways until you get the return.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
BTW - welcome to FT. Be careful to post in the correct forums in the future. The mods will probably move this to the appropriate US DM forum.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 1:44 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Moving to the main US Forum.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by wkussmaul
Hi all,
For years I have used my accumulated USAir miles from a Visa card to travel on vacation. They used to tell me you could call 317 days in advance of travel. Now when I call (for January 08 travel to STT), they tell me no seats are available. What gives? They can't have already sold out.
WGK
Welcome to FT.

They're not sold out on the flight. STT is a major money maker, especially in the winter. There are seldom any seats allocated for award tickets in that market. Of course, they'll tell you that there are some seats available for twice the miles.

Good luck.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Also, keep trying. They tend to release award seats in dribs and drabs. And welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:09 am

I looked for saver seats PIT-MCO for December (12,500 each way). There were none, even on the first day. Just double miles (25,000 each way).
Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Every time I fly on awards on US I cant exactly fly where I am going. Pisses me off!

Lets say going to Miami or Orlando, i have to fly PBI to get there and drive. Trying to use US miles to get to Green Bay on UA and well lets say I am going to have to fly to MSP to get to GB. Good thing they have cheap rentals there. DTS for 230 a week...
Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:47 am

I tried to get two seats from IAD or DCA to PBI on Dec. 10, could only get a United flight, even though ANA's system showed availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.