Wiki Posts
Search

Glasses in First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Solitaire PPS AA nothing short of 1m miler US CP, HH Diamond,
Glasses in First

It might sound funny but I was really looking forward to the return of glasses to domestic First Class. Any news on this front?
There were reports about the return and discussions of FA at other boards but until recently no glasses have shown up in the planes cabins.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I flew First twice in the past 4 days. I has glassware in each direction. Yesterday on flight 625, one glass had a US Airways logo and the next had an America West logo frosted onto it. Ah, the little details us FF's notice!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Solitaire PPS AA nothing short of 1m miler US CP, HH Diamond,
HP or US flight?
Can others confirm the general return of glasses?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Both were HP flights. I also remember having them in First on the way to and from Portland on HP 2 weeks ago.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold.
Nicksta,
Where you on 625 from JFK to PHX or the PHX to OAK on Monday?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
HP meal flights seem to have them (though that's certainly not 100% true). I haven't seen them on any non-meal flight or any US-East.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
HP meal flights should ALL have glassware. I know with certainity that glassware is coming back to US East flights. I am not sure if they will just be on meal flights or if they will be on all flights. I am not sure when we can expect to see them, but they are coming.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:47 pm

I had meals on PDX to PHX and roundtrip PHX to JFK. The calzones are actually quite good! They used plastic utensils, but the meal was served on attrative plates and glassware was used. I didn't realize that the East metal wasn't delivering such "amenities" yet in first class. Heh, hopefully soon.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nicksta
I had meals on PDX to PHX and roundtrip PHX to JFK. The calzones are actually quite good! They used plastic utensils, but the meal was served on attrative plates and glassware was used. I didn't realize that the East metal wasn't delivering such "amenities" yet in first class. Heh, hopefully soon.
Is it just me or are there two different calzones available?

One is shaped like a slightly elongated hot pocket, while the other is in more of a semi-circle or crescent shape. The first was fine (with the exact same taste and consistency of a hot pocket), while the other had a marinara sauce with a taste/smell roughly equivalent to vomit...
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:15 pm

Just a little more data:
I flew US East in First twice this past weekend - no glassware but it wasn't a meal flight, PHL > MSY and back.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: US SP
No glassware on an east transcon (SFO-CLT) on friday.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Yes, I have to say the same thing.

PHX-PHL on HP --> GLASSWARE (as always)
PHL-PHX on US (A319) --> No Glassware (not hey, I did have Enpower)

I am more concerned that HP will get power at the seats than US getting glassware. I am concerned it will be comingled and you will never know when you have an airbus with power at the seats.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Nicksta
Are you sure it was PDX to PHX that you received a meal in First?? That flight is not long enough for a meal service in First. Flights have to be over 3.5 hours to have a meal servoice. I have been on that flight many times and have never received more than just the snack basket selections.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
Yes, I have to say the same thing.

PHX-PHL on HP --> GLASSWARE (as always)
PHL-PHX on US (A319) --> No Glassware (not hey, I did have Enpower)

I am more concerned that HP will get power at the seats than US getting glassware. I am concerned it will be comingled and you will never know when you have an airbus with power at the seats.
Finally, somebody on this forum with a valid concern. In all honesty, who cares if youre drink comes in a plastic cup or glass. Empower on a flight is much more important than how my drink is served. Also, its not like US is serving any sort of booze that is of such high quality that would really "require" a glass.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by mrhotelman
Finally, somebody on this forum with a valid concern. In all honesty, who cares if youre drink comes in a plastic cup or glass. Empower on a flight is much more important than how my drink is served. Also, its not like US is serving any sort of booze that is of such high quality that would really "require" a glass.
That may be true, but drinking coffee out of a coffee mug is A LOT nice than drinking it out of a Styrofoam cup.

Regardless of how bad the wine is it is just wrong to drink wine out of a plastic cup!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.