Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Taking Advantage of the Recent Intl Fare Sale?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2007, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Anyone Taking Advantage of the Recent Intl Fare Sale?

Just curious if anyone was taking advantage of the seemingly generous fares to MUC or CDG?

3.5 cents all-in seemed unusually generous from US... ^

Anyone up for a Munich mini-DO?

If you're interested but haven't booked yet, a friendly reminder that you must do so in the next three hours...
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:12 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Could you clarify, please?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:19 pm

I'm not sure I've seen a fare that low to PHL-CDG, I just got tickets last week and they were $192 each way + taxes (so 6.5 cpm). If I'd bought a week earlier it would have been $172. Have you seen a much better fare?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phlflyer927
I'm not sure I've seen a fare that low to PHL-CDG, I just got tickets last week and they were $192 each way + taxes (so 6.5 cpm). If I'd bought a week earlier it would have been $172. Have you seen a much better fare?
Sorry, I should have clarified in the original post - PHX-MUC is $171 each way, so $457 r/t with taxes and fees. At 12,840 miles, it ends up costing 3.56 cents per mile. I'm routing PHX-PHL-MUC, MUC-FRA-PHL-PHX.

In fact, as cheap as they are, I'm considering another flight almost entirely as a mileage run to cover AC *G status (free US domestic lounge access, SWUs, etc.).

CDG wasn't as good of a deal from any of the listed US cities.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krzysz
Could you clarify, please?

Fare sale details are here:

http://www.usairways.com/awa/faresale/eSaverIntl.aspx
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

One last note of interest (possibly):

I priced out an alternate return itinerary, and for $1024.50 am pulling up a B fare from MUC-FRA-CLT-PHX (one-way). Sadly, I just called the CP line and was told it's all sold out up front, but that seemed like a very reasonable B fare for such a long flight, even if it is the off-season.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:52 pm

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
That's a pretty great fare out of PHX - don't think I'll be able to take advantage of it this time around.

For any PHL based MRs out there, week day fares to LAS are dipping quite low - $178 r/t, around $0.035/EQM I believe - so a decent alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.