Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Express/Delta interline question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:25 am
Original Poster

US Express/Delta interline question

So, I'm booked December 26 on US Airways Express (PSA) from Charlotte to Atlanta, connecting to Delta from Atlanta to Tokyo-Narita. The connecting time in Atlanta is 68 minutes. It's all in one travel agency PNR, so both airlines' Web sites show both segments in the itinerary, but there are two ticket numbers, one for US and one for DL. This was all set up for me by a corporate travel agency as the lowest available fare on the requested dates.

I assume that interline luggage check-in will not be a problem, but does anyone know the rules on which airline, if any, is responsible for getting me to Japan in a timely way in the event that the US flight is delayed?

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: None
I can't find anything in the US East CofC that specifically addresses this, but the HP (West) does in it's international CofC...

MISSED CONNECTIONS
IN THE EVENT A PASSENGER MISSES AN ONWARD CONNECTING FLIGHT ON WHICH SPACE HAS BEEN RESERVED BECAUSE THE DELIVERING CARRIER DID NOT OPERATE ITS FLIGHT ACCORDING TO SCHEDULE OR CHANGED THE SCHEDULE OF SUCH FLIGHT, THE DELIVERING CARRIER WILL ARRANGE FOR THE CARRIAGE OF THE PASSENGER OR MAKE INVOLUNTARY REFUND IN ACCORDANCE WITH RULE 90.

Note: the "Delivering Carrier" is defined as the carrier that provides transportation to the connecting point.

Although a quick web search didn't turn up any sources for regulations covering this area, I have to believe that the HP (West) language is almost verbatim from some regulatory source.

Jim
Old Dec 17, 2006, 1:16 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Deleted by me. See follow up post.

Last edited by coachrowsey; Dec 17, 2006 at 1:29 pm
Old Dec 17, 2006, 1:27 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Unless something has changed the intl carrier would be responsible.
Upon re reading your question if the USAIRWAYS flt is delayed & it appears you will miss your conn flt the ga SHOULD rebook you onto something that works. Be sure in CLT that you check in at the INTL COUNTER. Also if the flt is delayed MAKE SURE THE AGENT DOES REBOOK % CORRECTLY check your luggage. Every day I see the results of this not happening. Apologise for any confusion in first post.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your advice! You all seem to know everything...
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:32 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Earlier this year, my LAS-LAX flight was late by 2 hours due to a mechanical. HP res rebooked all affected pax at no charge. Included in the bunch were some Qantas and Air New Zealand folks. All it took was a call to res. Same thing should work in reverse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.