Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BofA Signature VISA Preferred miles - when do they post?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

BofA Signature VISA Preferred miles - when do they post?

I passed the $25,000 threshold last billing cycle on 8Nov, the next billing cycle 9Dec has come and gone. I've not seen the 10,000 Preferred mile magically post, I realize they are not additional miles but a change in the status of miles already posted.

I called CP and they said I had to call BofA. I called BofA, posed my question and was disconnected. I called BofA again, posed my question, and got transferred with no warning to USAir. I called BofA again, posed my question, and all they could/would tell me is that it is 'automatic.'

When would I expect to see Preferred miles post?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
For me, It took 2 to 3 months after 25k spending for the BofA Visa Preferrred Miles to post.

I hope they make a special effort to post all Preferred miles by Dec 31 as some folks need the 10k for status qualification.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by kudzu
For me, It took 2 to 3 months after 25k spending for the BofA Visa Preferrred Miles to post.

I hope they make a special effort to post all Preferred miles by Dec 31 as some folks need the 10k for status qualification.

Have made CP with 120+ segments. Most 500 miles segments but the 10,000 Visa preferred would take me to 85,000 preferred miles. Also achieved the $25,000 threshhold in Nov with no action taken by BOFA to post miles yet.

If the points post after Dec 31, I wonder if it will apply to 2007 status. Then if you hit the $25,000 threshold again for example in June 2007, could you receive 20,000 preferred in the same year?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
In my experience, the 10K post about 6 weeks after the statement close date. I have never had to call and ask about miles posting with either Juniper or BofA. If you look at your DM statement online it shows 2 dates, 1 the date the miles were actually posted and 1 the date the miles were earned. I think if the miles post after 1/1/07 but the earned date is for 2006 you will get the status for 2007. I assume this is one reason the airline continues to honor status through February. Please keep us posted on what happens if the miles post after 1/1/07.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dukeman
Please keep us posted on what happens if the miles post after 1/1/07.
They posted yesterday, 5 weeks after the statement where I went over 25,000 and 2 days after I sent an email to DM that is unanswered.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Same here, miles posted yesterday, also about 5 weeks after going over the 25K MARK
Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:22 pm

I called CP and they said I had to call BofA. I called BofA, posed my question and was disconnected. I called BofA again, posed my question, and got transferred with no warning to USAir. I called BofA again, posed my question, and all they could/would tell me is that it is 'automatic.'
I got the runaround, BOA says call US, US says BOA, both end up transferring you to a busy signal at some point so you will give up. Email messages go unanswered, really makes me miss CO and the much better service they provide - Oh why did I move to PHL?
Old Dec 17, 2006, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platnium,Hyatt Diamond
Still waiting !

I passed 25,000 back in Sept...Oct 15th statement and they still havent posted called BofA last week they are researching, they say takes 2 weeks..Hope to see them eventually ...In the past they posted automatically for me in about a month..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.