Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you a passenger of "SIZE"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: US-CP
Late to the discussion, but what the heck.

I am with the camp of folks who thinks there needs to be a policy.

I am with the camp of folks who thinks the policy needs to be made clear and unmistakable to passengers (somehow... dunno... I'm not in marketing...) before they purchase a ticket.

I am with the camp of folks who thinks the policy needs to be uniformly enforced, prior to boarding the airplane, and with the highest degree of tact and respect as humanly possible.

Absent the policy or general enforcement of the policy as outlined above, and finding oneself seated next to a person of such size that his/her girth bleeds overwhelmingly into one's seat, I am with the camp of folks who think that the fat passenger should grab ahold of his/her tummy with both beefy hands and yank it in as tightly as possible to himself/herself. Further, he/she should not sweat, not breathe, and not move.

Lastly, I hate getting tickled by somebody else's arm fur as they take up half my seat and I find myself either jammed face-flat against the window or at a 90 degree angle into the aisle. Sort of adds insult to injury, ya know? So, for coutesy, and this part doesn't have to be part of the policy, but it sure would be nice if the person shaved his or her arms preflight. Especially on BJ flights.

Ok. That's about where I stand on this issue. I really don't care about the wide-shoulder thing, but jenniferpa's first post on the subject made me laugh out loud (thanks for that!). Here-here for the body-type test container... I'm all for it, and if they start them, I may just go to the airport ahead of time simply for the entertainment.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: US Silver
I'm with you on all counts Karen

Jennifer
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Jenniferpa
I'm with you on all counts Karen

Jennifer
And I'm with you and Karen on that. I can count numerous amounts of time I've been squashed over b/c the person of size next to me couldn't fit in his seat. The most notable time was flying back 5 hours from IAD in a middle seat in coach with a 350 lb man next to me. I was sore for the following week in my right shoulder and neck b/c I literally had to fly home tilted. That was BS--he should have been forced to buy two seats, buy a F seat, or take the 'hound home. I consider the price I pay for the ticket is the area and dimensions of the seat. I expect to have 100% of that seat available to me, not 80%. Sorry if I sound mean, but it's reality.

Ian
Old Dec 3, 2006, 5:28 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
The horse is now glue, and this thread is going the way of the dodo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.