Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever picked one seat, but wound up with another?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Ever picked one seat, but wound up with another?

Last Thursday CMH-DCA on an ERJ45 @ 3:32pm
I had selected 12A when I bough the ticket.

I tried to use OLCI on Wednesday afternoon, but it just kept freezing on me, so I had to do it manually at the airport.
Went to the kiosk and found 12A was occupied. I wound up in 5A. Not the worst thing in the world, but why did it switch me?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by liveon777
Last Thursday CMH-DCA on an ERJ45 @ 3:32pm
I had selected 12A when I bough the ticket.

I tried to use OLCI on Wednesday afternoon, but it just kept freezing on me, so I had to do it manually at the airport.
Went to the kiosk and found 12A was occupied. I wound up in 5A. Not the worst thing in the world, but why did it switch me?
Out of my last 7 legs, not one seat was what I tried to pick at booking or going through the seat map. What is even worse is that two of the last three were not what the res agents confirmed for me either.

It is a crap shoot........
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:44 pm

Any theories as to why this happens? Seems like you should get the seat you have booked and are confirmed to have.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by max501
Any theories as to why this happens? Seems like you should get the seat you have booked and are confirmed to have.
I think something happens when Shares reservations are converted to Sabre. They do not see the same seat assignments across reservations systems. I also have had my seat assignments changed by a person in advance of flying, due to one reason or another (and I am CP). No one is immune.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 5:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Award travel to Milan in June, chose relatively OK seats both directions (18AB outbound 16AB return), . On the outbound leg ended up bumped to row ~29 (of ~30); at least it was still aisle/window and not the dreaded center section. Did manage to retain row 16 on the return leg.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 5:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Often sadly. I've booked exit row windows and been kicked into aisles, I've booked bulkheads and been bounced into the back of the plane, one time they said my seat assignment was "1A16A'. Stupid website.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Last trip that I booked for me and 3 other people I thought I was lucky enough to snag exit row seats for 3 out of the 4 legs. We got moved to other seats. I was disappointed. No explanation. I am keeping an eye on an upcoming flight because I have reserved exit row seats for 2 out of 4 legs of the trip. Usually I get to keep them.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by max501
Any theories as to why this happens?
They don't like me?

I would blame it on the POS they call a web site, but in my case they can't seem to book a seat and make it stick thru res either.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.