Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get points to USAIR from AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Smile How to get points to USAIR from AMEX

What is the best way to get points to USAir from AMEX. Need to book a ticket for son from MCI (Kansas City) to
Venice , Italy and the returning from CDG (Paris) to MCI (Kansas City)

Have plenty of AMEX points but need way to get into USAir or alliance partner. What is the best method.

Thanks,
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:34 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Since you can't transfer directly to US Airways how about a transfer to ANA (All Nippon Airways)? ANA does participate in Membership Rewards, so you can exchange your Membership Rewards points for miles in ANA's Mileage Club, and redeem your Mileage Club miles for award travel on US Airways. I think that might work for you..... or..... you could also transfer to Continental.... (you have until September 11th to do so)...... or Aeroplan.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Can you still move from Continental to USAir... I thought I read you could not? If I can that is easy.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kcmover
Can you still move from Continental to USAir... I thought I read you could not? If I can that is easy.
You can't move points from CO to US but you can use CO miles to book award travel on US (as they are both Star Alliance partners).
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks I will try that
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:40 pm

Make sure there is flight availability before tranferring any miles.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: US CP, DL SM, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat
wish it was easy to move 1:1 from Amex to US. I have over 300k points on Amex and often find it hard to use them for things other than flights then use US points to upgrade.

I believe what geo1005 is your best bet ^
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:46 am

While I am not positive about the xfer from Membership Rewards Points to StarPoints, I do not kown that it is 1:1 from SPG StarPoints to US Airways DM Miles.

Dan
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:59 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
try webflyer.com http://webflyer.com/
Then go to http://webflyer.com/programs/mileage...rter/index.php
even that is not accurate, e.g., 300k amex = 99k SPG = 124k US

I would just use CO or ANA and move the amex there after getting the award on hold
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:11 pm

AMEX to CO is pretty much instant, right? I wonder if you could call CO and transfer while on the phone if they have availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.