PHL 2nd best?

Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

PHL 2nd best?

My exp. with PHL has all been O&D so I can't speak to all the issues but I have had no problesm in PHL and JD powers just rated it the 2nd best (tied w/ JFK) of large US Airports in a survey of customers!
LAS was #1 BTW, which I don't like and PHX was 6th which I think is much easier and nicer?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 12:07 am

Programs: CO,US,BA
Link to Survey Results

Here is a (.pdf) Link to the complete Survey Results:
http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2006101.pdf
Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:28 am

Maybe they meant the 2d best airport in Philadelphia?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:59 am

I fly through PHL constantly. I rarely check bags, so I can't comment on that, but I think it's far worse troublesome than people make it out to be. I can't tell you how many times I would land 20 minutes late and the entire F cabin would go "god, PHL is just horrible, just like this flight, just terrible" and whine and whine until the front door was opened. It was almost making me want to fly back in coach.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:00 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I have to agree in some ways. In 15+ years in the PHL area, I've used it exclusively as an O&D passenger. I've never had to rely on making a connection there. So, as such, my opinion of the airport, getting around it and making it to my gate from the car is all positive. Sure, I've suffered the delays that we've all seen. But overall, I'm fine with it.

I love the pre 9/11/01 days when I would park in the garage 40 minutes before my flight and stroll right on down to the gate with no worries of security lines, shoe removal and the other other annoyances that we have come to live with now.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by haveric
Maybe they meant the 2d best airport in Philadelphia?
Funny! Good one!!
The PHL issue has been beaten to death. I'm amazed it ranked #2 and I discount the entire survey as a result. I would pay an extra 10% to connect through DCA over PHL. Term A is nice though, they should scrap the rest.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 1:23 pm

Programs: USAirways Gold, Marriott Platnium, Starwood Gold
Thumbs down What a joke!

What a complete joke. I always wondered about JD Power... Guess the boys in Tempe figured they needed to buy themselves so good publicity so what better way to do it... I can't wait to see the JD Power signs posted around PHL... Maybe then can use them to cover some of the holes in the walls...
Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by crazyrunner
What a complete joke. I always wondered about JD Power... Guess the boys in Tempe figured they needed to buy themselves so good publicity so what better way to do it... I can't wait to see the JD Power signs posted around PHL... Maybe then can use them to cover some of the holes in the walls...
In the same survey, US finished second worst among legacy carriers. I don't think Tempe will be using that survey for publicity any time soon.

I think PHL is a lousy hub, but I also think most airlines have a lousy hub. I don't believe PHL is any worse than ATL, ORD, or some others.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 6:06 pm

Was this a survey of frequent travelers or everyone? I could see how if you are just Joe Blow heading to Disney or London on vacation, you might think the airport is nice - good shopping area in B/C, A-West, rocking chairs, etc. - but not attribute your delay to the design of the airport. Also, in my recent experience, baggage claim has not been a huge issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.