Search

Do NOT Rely on USAirways.com for Flight Status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 5:05 pm
JRS
Original Poster

Location: Pittsburgh - SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, US Chairmans Pref
Do NOT Rely on USAirways.com for Flight Status

I made the mistake of checking the website instead of calling CP at 6am this morning about the 730A PIT-ORD flight. I learned at the airport that it had been cancelled before 530am. However, the website showed it as ON TIME. In fact, it stills shows that cancelled flight as being ONTIME 13 hours later. The CP Line is a much more expensive channel for the airline but you have to use it when their website cannot be relied upon.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by JRS
I made the mistake of checking the website instead of calling CP at 6am this morning about the 730A PIT-ORD flight. I learned at the airport that it had been cancelled before 530am. However, the website showed it as ON TIME. In fact, it stills shows that cancelled flight as being ONTIME 13 hours later. The CP Line is a much more expensive channel for the airline but you have to use it when their website cannot be relied upon.
I've noticed over the last week or so that many flights I've checked are not showing any type of "status" at all - they are indicating what the scheduled departure and arrival times are, but no indication is given as to whether or not the flight is on time.

Not that the old site was great, but at least you could get a flight status!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
At least for now, you can still use the old site for flight status. I checked today's flight 3345, the 7:30 PIT-ORD, and what do you know....it shows that it was cancelled. The new web site flight status doesn't show squat.

http://fs.usairways.com/abs/flightStatus.do

The old site's Timetables feature still works as well. Wonder how much longer we'll get to enjoy these leftover features from the site that worked.....
Old Jun 5, 2006, 7:58 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Thumbs down

Wow. Of all the merger and website quirks that I might've anticipated, I certainly wouldn't have forseen that flight information would be incorrect. That's absolutely unacceptable, particularly when (as it turns out) it was accessible with the correct info on the obsolete website.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH
Old Jun 5, 2006, 9:06 pm

The website also no longer provides the (wildly inaccurate but occassionally informative) explanations of flight delays that were available on the old website.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:18 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by haveric
(wildly inaccurate but occassionally informative) explanations of flight delays that were available on the old website.
You mean the "What'll we blame it on today?" reasons for delays......

Erma: "Another late flight, Mary. What should I put for the cause?"

Mary: "Well, Erma, we've already blamed 4 on late arriving equipment, 3 on maintenance, and 8 on weather - how many times have we blamed ATC?"

Erma: "I've already used ATC as the excuse 12 times today - how about you?"

Mary: "Darn, I've used ATC 6 times myself - let's just blame it on the passengers. Put in Passenger Processing."

Jim

Last edited by BoeingBoy; Jun 5, 2006 at 10:24 pm
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:37 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
This begs the question:

Since US (east) used to have it, how freaking hard is it to tie FLIFO into the website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.