Search

Nostalgia - 4000/CA RT

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 6:17 pm
JMR
Original Poster

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Nostalgia - 4000/CA RT

With the replacement of the old AWA website this weekend, I had a nostalgia moment - who all remembers the 2000 promotion of 4000 EQM for every CA flight (from AZ?). I truthfully don't remember all the details, but it hooked me into frequent flying and mileage runs.

It was clean-up time in SFO following the dot-bomb and I was flying PHX-SFO every few weeks and went from nothing to Plat in just a few months. Down side, everyone was elite on most every flight. But, I batted 1.000 on PHX-NYC upgrades through 2001.

Anyway, I burned all my miles a year or so back through gifts to family and haven't flown AWA for probably two years, but reading the web site was gone brought back fond memories.
Old May 21, 2006, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA,DL
That was the best promotion i remember from awa. I have only been flying them since 97 thou.
Old May 21, 2006, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I remember that deal quite well. I racked up on that promotion.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by JMR
With the replacement of the old AWA website this weekend, I had a nostalgia moment - who all remembers the 2000 promotion of 4000 EQM for every CA flight (from AZ?). I truthfully don't remember all the details, but it hooked me into frequent flying and mileage runs.

It was clean-up time in SFO following the dot-bomb and I was flying PHX-SFO every few weeks and went from nothing to Plat in just a few months. Down side, everyone was elite on most every flight. But, I batted 1.000 on PHX-NYC upgrades through 2001.

Anyway, I burned all my miles a year or so back through gifts to family and haven't flown AWA for probably two years, but reading the web site was gone brought back fond memories.
Prior to this promotion was a "Fly PHX to So. Cal 3 times and earn Silver Status" type promotion. That's how I got hooked. Ah, the good ol' days...
Old May 22, 2006, 11:23 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
3000 mile americawest.com booking bonus was pretty good too. And it ended not too long ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.