Codeshare = Big Fare Savings

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Codeshare = Big Fare Savings

Just booked two FC tickets on the United non stop SMF-IAD. Used the USAir codeshare and the fare was $376 per person less then the same flight on the UA site.

This one was a no brainer.

Thanks USAir!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:51 am

what is the codeshare?
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:18 am

Programs: US, UA
i found the Glossary entry for this wanting the first time i read it
http://www.flyertalk.com/glossary/index.php

better perhaps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeshare
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:20 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I consistently find this to be the case, although I only fly UA PHL-SFO/LAX and so maybe it's the market. What's frustrating is that not all PHL-SFO/LAX flights on UA are marketed as codeshare options so you have to be flexible with time.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I consistently find this to be the case, although I only fly UA PHL-SFO/LAX and so maybe it's the market. What's frustrating is that not all PHL-SFO/LAX flights on UA are marketed as codeshare options so you have to be flexible with time.
None should be unless you're connecting onward to a different destination. DOT prohibits UA-US from codesharing on nonstop flights where they compete.

You will see the flights in the timetable, but you should not be able to book them unless you're connecting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.