Search

CDG customs & baggage claims

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:04 am
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
CDG customs & baggage claims

Can someone tell me how long does it usually take to claim my bags and clear customs at CDG? The reason this question is posted here as opposed to the Paris forum is I will be flying on US and while customs is the same for all pax, the baggage claim may be different, depending on carriers. I am trying to determine how long it will take for me to get into central Paris from the time I land at CDG. TIA.

LAX
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
baggage @ CDG

On my past 3 landings at CDG, baggage waits have ranged from none (bags waiting by the time we found the right carousel) to almost 45 minutes. These are morning arrivals, US and UA. Not enough to draw conclusions or find a pattern. No wait through customs/immigration ...

hope this helps.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I just did this the other week, though I only had carry-on. I landed at 9:55 and I was in Central Paris by 11:45 (RER Line "B" to Luxembourg). CDG is a confusing airport to navigate, even if you know French.

You'll exit the plane and walk down a long moving-walkway to immigration, then on to baggage claim. The signs to the RER (suburban train) are somewhat inadequate, and you'll walk what seems like 3/4 of the way around the circular terminal to an elevator, go to a different floor, then walk outside and wait for a bus. The bus makes several stops, but eventually stops at the RER station, which isn't marked, but is the only place with lots of other buses - plus nearly everyone else will get off here. Then you have to buy an RER ticket. The kiosks only take Euro coins, so you may have to buy a ticket at the counter. The train ride is then 35-40 minutes.

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
The main worry is not getting into CDG but going through exit immigration. The lines are a much longer wait than during entry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.