Wiki Posts
Search

something nice about customer servive in clt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA B6
something nice about customer servive in clt

My 19 yo was coming home from school and connected through Charlotte. I had given him a BOFA coupon for access to the US club. ( I had called the 800# and they indicated that it wasn't transferable, but that employees in CLT might be able to exercise some leeway???)

so he gets into CLT and has a 2 hour delay on his flight, so he tries the coupon- first ee won't let him in because he's under 21?? but 2nd employee steps in and lets him in. So he kills an hour and drinks a couple of cokes-no big deal but it made his 12 hour trip a little nicer.
It's the little things in life that make people return to an airline, not only the price of a ticket.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by redraider
......It's the little things in life that make people return to an airline, not only the price of a ticket.
I agree. The US folks at CLT are generally excellent. I either connect or originate in CLT frequently when flying US, and, like you say, it's the little things in life that make people want to return.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:04 pm

Programs: US CP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat
Clt

I agree, CLT is the nicest airport to connect at and all those ex-Piedmonsters there are great. I've recieved some of the nicest service at that airport from those people... and the club ladies are great too!

Edit: By the way, that 21 y/o "rule" is crap. I burned 40k for a membership there and Im not 21 yet. Its nice to have.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Yeah the 21 y/o thing is bogus. For US Clubs you only have to be 18 years and older. I know that clubs that serve free booze you have to be over 21 (ie CRC, PC...). I'm 20 and have a memebership so the more power to us young folks!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:07 am

Programs: US CP, *Gold, AA Peon
Agreed!

I've had great luck in CLT. I was working on a situation w/ Consumer Affairs and didn't receive any response, despite two letters in a 2 month period.

The other day I realized that I connected with a supervisor in CLT that really assisted me when they otherwise didn't need to. I sent the draft to him and within 4hrs, he responded back saying that he forwarded my situation on to an individual he used to work with. He and his colleague immediately addressed my concern and came through!

I go out of my way to positively recognize individuals in CLT for their outstanding customer service. If only they could mimic this type of service in PHL, all our problems would be solved.

-GH
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by ghhoughton
I go out of my way to positively recognize individuals in CLT for their outstanding customer service. If only they could mimic this type of service in PHL, all our problems would be solved.

-GH
I have had similar levels of service in PHL. The problem is not the service, but rather the higher incidence of situations requiring special attention at PHL.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 3:26 am

Programs: US CP, *Gold, AA Peon
Originally Posted by cedric
I have had similar levels of service in PHL. The problem is not the service, but rather the higher incidence of situations requiring special attention at PHL.
To some extent, yes. However, I feel that PHL tends to be significantly more apathetic to situations then other airports, especially CLT. This experience extends beyond special services to TAs amd GAs too. Gosh, I barely even receive eye contact from reps in PHL.

I'm excited to hear that you've had positive experiences in PHL. It's not all that common.

-GH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.