Wiki Posts
Search

Almost Platinum, any hope for charity?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Almost Platinum, any hope for charity?

At the end of this year, I will have about 73,000 preferred miles. Close to the new platinum, but no cigar. With the devalued GP I am considering moving my business elsewhere. However, the new PP might make it worthwhile sticking with the new US (though I would rather refer to myself as a GP than a PP). Anyone suggest any strategies for convincing US to bump me up to PP since I am so close?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
book a cheep connecting day trip. The four segments will give you the 2000 miles you need. The FF desk is not that accommodating lately
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
I think current GPs will be bumped up to PP for next year but I could be wrong....
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
Originally Posted by zsmith2
I think current GPs will be bumped up to PP for next year but I could be wrong....
I think this is just a rumor. I would actually stay if they offered that.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by carl92103
book a cheep connecting day trip. The four segments will give you the 2000 miles you need. The FF desk is not that accommodating lately
I agree. OP says he's in ROC. ROC-BWI is a Air Tran route. You could do a ROC-PHL-BWI r/t in a few hours.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:50 pm

Programs: US CP, *Gold, AA Peon
Originally Posted by zsmith2
*Keeping fingers crossed*
Old Nov 19, 2005, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by noROCclub
At the end of this year, I will have about 73,000 preferred miles. Close to the new platinum, but no cigar. With the devalued GP I am considering moving my business elsewhere. However, the new PP might make it worthwhile sticking with the new US (though I would rather refer to myself as a GP than a PP). Anyone suggest any strategies for convincing US to bump me up to PP since I am so close?
I called the CP desk a few weeks ago about this, and they said there is no platinum this year. The 75K accrual starts next year.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:54 am

Programs: US-CP
Bosco, aren't they introducing the new level mid 2006? I had understood that 75,000 miles in 2005 would put you at platinum when they roll it out. From your post, I'm thinking I might be mistaken. Could you clarify what the CP desk agent told you in terms of next year?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 9:42 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
US DM Service told me that Platinum accrual starts next year, and told me even if I did have the few extra flights in 2005 to put me in line for that level, I wouldn't get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.