As part of the research, I need some crucial details, and some help.

Old Nov 15, 2005, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

As part of the research, I need some crucial details, and some help.

Of the other airlines in the USA which airlines offer powere ports throughout the aircraft?

I know American Airlines does offer power ports even on the old MD-80's

how about

Delta
Northwest
Continental
United ?

Posibly some Low Cost Carries

or Hawaiian Airlines or Aloha

All help is appreciated. I am currently working on the powere ports section of "The Book"!
Old Nov 15, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Probably your best bet would be to do 2 of the following items for gathering data on other airlines:

- Post the relevant question on their forum
- Check previously-provided information (www.seatguru.com will give you a good amount of information on seats, IFE, and power ports).

-JC
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:20 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Please learn to spell "power" first.

Also, I'm not sure you're helping. On behalf of those attempting a genuine audience with those in Tempe, please don't help us....
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAXPax
Please learn to spell "power" first.

Also, I'm not sure you're helping. On behalf of those attempting a genuine audience with those in Tempe, please don't help us....

Id take that post more credible, If I have seen that behalf. We'll see if those attempting do anything. Im doing something so something will count. And Im doing a full launch campaign, and will be involving many of US Airways' Hub/Focus Citie's Prestigous Newspapers. Sit and enjoy the show.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
I'm curious. As a 15 year old child, don't you have more important things to worry about?

Leave the adult matters to the adults. Doug Parker is not going to take you seriously. Add 10-15 years to your age and a college degree in business and maybe just maybe you could be looked at like an adult with a thorough knowledge of the airline industry.

Aren't you supposed to be doing homework instead of worrying about USAIRWAYS?
Old Nov 16, 2005, 8:30 pm

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Id take that post more credible, If I have seen that behalf. We'll see if those attempting do anything. Im doing something so something will count. ...

I miss the old regulars around here...

US does have its work cut out for it if this is the kind or FF traveler it now has.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Come on guys and gals. Cut him some slack. I'm 48 years old and I can't spell cat if you spot me the "a" and the "t". And at least he isn't calling all of us a bunch of "Whining Elites".

I don't believe DL has power ports on any of their birds. I can tell you I've not seen one on the over 200 flights I've had on them this year.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Nov 16, 2005 at 8:55 pm
Old Nov 16, 2005, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Come on guys and gals. Cut him some slack. I'm 48 years old and I can't spell cat if you spot me the "a" and the "t". And at least he isn't calling all of us a bunch of "Whining Elites"

thanks for the support, and no the words whining elites never left my mouth, ever.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by trvlr64
I'm curious. As a 15 year old child, don't you have more important things to worry about?

Leave the adult matters to the adults. Doug Parker is not going to take you seriously. Add 10-15 years to your age and a college degree in business and maybe just maybe you could be looked at like an adult with a thorough knowledge of the airline industry.

Well, I'm 10 years older than him, and I have undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, and I think it's just great what he's doing.

He's passionate about something other than video games and pot, it's a great exercise in writing, research, and (hint hint) spelling, and it show real drive and ambition. What's the worst that can happen? US and HP will completely ignore him. So what else is new?

Plus, what he's doing now (if it amounts to even the tiniest change) is GREAT college application material.

I think it's shameful to tell a 15 year old who believes in something (even if it's rule changes in a FF program) to sit down and shut up because nobody cares what he thinks. If more teenagers nowadays shed their apathy for worthy causes who knows how many things would be different.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
. . .I think it's shameful to tell a 15 year old who believes in something (even if it's rule changes in a FF program) to sit down and shut up because nobody cares what he thinks. If more teenagers nowadays shed their apathy for worthy causes who knows how many things would be different.
Amen. Plus, aren't king's posts rather amusing?
Old Nov 17, 2005, 9:06 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
He's passionate about something other than video games and pot, it's a great exercise in writing, research, and (hint hint) spelling, and it show real drive and ambition.
Maybe he should become passionate about video games and pot (and XOXO's while we're at it). Then one day, he can become part of the "whining elite" too.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Well, I'm 10 years older than him, and I have undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, and I think it's just great what he's doing.

He's passionate about something other than video games and pot, it's a great exercise in writing, research, and (hint hint) spelling, and it show real drive and ambition. What's the worst that can happen? US and HP will completely ignore him. So what else is new?

Plus, what he's doing now (if it amounts to even the tiniest change) is GREAT college application material.

I think it's shameful to tell a 15 year old who believes in something (even if it's rule changes in a FF program) to sit down and shut up because nobody cares what he thinks. If more teenagers nowadays shed their apathy for worthy causes who knows how many things would be different.

You and I can debate this till we're blue in the face. The simple truth is we have a 15 year old child who has come on this website and has used this website like a teenager would an AOL chat room. In the beginning it consisted of incorrect language usage and poor grammar. Just like you'd see in a chat room. After many reply postings from other members of this website, he's finally adjusted his posting skills so that his threads resemble normal human conversation. Sometimes.

Now, he keeps posting about his wanting to create a book that can be sent to the management of USAirways. GREAT!! More power to him if he feels that he can accomplish this. But again let's be realistic. There are ways of going about doing research that don't include multiple threads in FT. He's grown up in the age of the internet. USE IT!

And I agree, if more 15 year olds cared about worthy causes there would be less apathy in the world. But worthy causes are not the future of USAirways. Worthy causes are the disgusting conditions that are going on around the world like Africa. Worthy causes are HRC. Worthy causes are the poor even in this country. But not an airline.

And if his "book" looks good for future college applications, great. More power to him. I was 13 years old when I started working towards my future college plans but I didn't bother an entire website to do it. I didn't have the internet to research my future college and career plans. I did it the old fashion way.........long hard personal research.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 1:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
No need to argue, as we pretty much have the same point.

I'm saying that his drive is admirable for someone his age, but it's a rather lazy method of research and lofty thing for a 15 year old to dedicate so much time and resources to.

You're saying this is a ridiculous thing for a 15 year old to do and not a valid way of going about it, but his drive and ambition is admirable.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 1:51 pm

Based on your using "King" in your name, I am surmising you are male.

Perhaps quit developing low-brow websites nobody will ever use or care about and start chasing girls! I am thinking this is an area you could use some development in. And you might end up more fulfilled in life.

-Denise
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:06 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by trvlr64

What exactly constitutes adulthood? Is it one's 18th birthday? 21st? Criticisms of King's grammar and writing style are founded but suggesting that somehow he should stay out of "adult matters" is absurd.

I'm a 21 year old dual degree student from one of the best business schools in the country. Since I don't quite meet that 25 year old threshold are you going to somehow suggest that attempting to pursue a passion would be unimportant? I'm sure you'll find quite a few contributors here are substantially younger than perceived, no thanks to ageist posters like yourself. Jumpgate very eloquently and politely articulated a different perspective but I'd like to reiterate it more forcefully. Running down a poster because of his or her age is crap, plain and simple.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.