Search

LAX Club Opens October 29th

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2005, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
LAX Club Opens October 29th

From an e-mail sent by the folks at Dividend Miles:

"Beginning October 29, 2005, a new US Airways Club location will open at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)"

Also, we get access to the LAS and PHX clubs on October 5:

"Beginning October 5, 2005, the America West Club locations in Phoenix (3 Clubs) and Las Vegas (1 Club) will become US Airways Clubs"

So, at long last we have our answer. Now if they can just open one in SFO, wherever they end up locating.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 9:28 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
"Beginning October 29, 2005, a new US Airways Club location will open at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)"

Talk about sugar coating it. It's not a NEW club. It's the one they closed and put people of out work for a year.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PHL

Talk about sugar coating it. It's not a NEW club. It's the one they closed and put people of out work for a year.
Here is an example of the fact that complaints work. Many people have been diasapointed by LAX & SFO club closures.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:39 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by Sokol
Here is an example of the fact that complaints work. Many people have been diasapointed by LAX & SFO club closures.
LAX is coming back due to the combined number of flights and that people jetting off to Vegas and the east coast occasionally spend a few bucks on the airfare and want somewhere quiet to sit. Oh, and US and HP happened to be in the same terminal already, which is a zoo many times due to WN's boarding lines.

If complaints really held any sway, SFO never would have closed or would be re-opening now.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:34 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I'm trying to recall now - is terminal 1 now pretty much Southwest on the gate 1/3/5/7/9 side and HP/US on the 4/6/8/10/12 side, or are there also HP gates on the odd side? I ask this because, if US has an entire side to themselves, then their widebody options are enhanced. And, if they could somehow get SW into another terminal, US could have it's own little focus city at LAX terminal 1 all to themselves!

Or, is the move to the UA terminal still pending?
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:11 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Well, they'd need to build a new SFO club as the US ops will be moving to the HP concourse (which is half-empty at this point anyway) so they can demolish the old US gates and open up the blocked side of the International Terminal.

Us SFO-OAK HP/USers can hope...
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:13 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
I was just through LAX and I recall that the airlines pretty much seem to be all jumbled throughout the gates. I boarded my A321 red-eye to PHL through Gate 8 - which had both US Airways and Southwest gate agent counters.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
Well, they'd need to build a new SFO club as the US ops will be moving to the HP concourse (which is half-empty at this point anyway) so they can demolish the old US gates and open up the blocked side of the International Terminal.

Us SFO-OAK HP/USers can hope...
Thank goodness. I flew US from SFO last week. What a horrible experience. Front-line staff were great and it was Day 1. The Arrival/Departure monitors don't work (they didn't work when I was there last summer), the terminal beyond security is a disgrace. I was on an early flight and thank goodness for my upgrade -- none of the concessions or stores were open with the exception of one that sold California stuff. No food, newspaper, coffee, etc. No agent at the gate until boarding time and there wasn't even a working PA. She had to board the flight by yelling into the terminal. Pathetic that US has let it get that bad!!!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
I'm trying to recall now - is terminal 1 now pretty much Southwest on the gate 1/3/5/7/9 side and HP/US on the 4/6/8/10/12 side, or are there also HP gates on the odd side? I ask this because, if US has an entire side to themselves, then their widebody options are enhanced.
no. US is on the west side, and HP is on the east side. WN is on both sides.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I was going to attend the opening day of this club when HP wanted it. Now that it's reopening as a US club, it's a nonevent.

Originally Posted by Sokol
I doubt it. HP wanted this club long before the merger. It was inevitable that it would reopen.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:21 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
The LAS club is nothing to call home about. It is outside security and only seats about 20-25 people. The positive side is that currently it is the only airline club at LAS, amazingly enough.

Just be warned that if you're in there, you may have to then jump out to wait in a potentially long security line if it's a convention weekend.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:41 am

Programs: US Gold, CO Silver,HH Gold,*wood Gold
Great news about the re-opening of the LAX club.
I am shocked that the HP club is the only one at LAS. Wow. My memory may be fuzzy, but last time I flew HP from LAS I recall the HP terminal as being pretty rough around the edges. Crowded with little seating available. Not as nice as the US or WN areas.

BTW, the US gates have not changed at T-1 at LAX for as long as I can remember. I usually fly out of 4b, 12 or 14. Always on the west side of the terminal. WN has gates on both sides of T-1.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by martin33
no. US is on the west side, and HP is on the east side. WN is on both sides.
Technically, HP was sharing gates with US on the west side long before the merger. HP also shares gate 13 with WN.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:41 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
LAX T1 Security Shortcut?

Has anyone been able to confirm for a fact that the former security shortcut will be reinstated at LAX for Club members? That alone would make the price of membership worth it for me, despite the lack of proper smoking facilities outside CLT, which caused me to drop my membership a couple of years ago.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:47 am

Programs: Now a lowly US PP
An LAX shortcut sure would be welcome. I hate the mismanaged security debacle there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.