preflight theme music?

Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: US dividend miles, Omni Select Guest, United Mplus
Question preflight theme music?

Ok, there have been some "out there" questions, and this is going to be one of them. On any u-s airways flight where they show the preflight video, we all lisiten to the impressive music in the back round as they babble on about the number of exits, and how they want to "wish you a plesant flight." Anybody know where i could find & download the theme music?

p.s.-they also play it while your on hold.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
I think this is the one--I downloaded it from somewhere once that someone else here will certainly know. It's definitely the hold music that I remember humming along to the last time I was on hold.

I wish I had the longer version.....I believe they still have this as one of the selections on one of the audio channels on the Airbii.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:35 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
This would be "Traditional Transformation" and you can download it here on a page made by a FT member awhile back:

http://www.idhal.com/cockroach/cockroach.htm
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by UAzip
I think this is the one--I downloaded it from somewhere once that someone else here will certainly know. It's definitely the hold music that I remember humming along to the last time I was on hold.

I wish I had the longer version.....I believe they still have this as one of the selections on one of the audio channels on the Airbii.
That is definitely the one, though I don't remember it sounding that digitized on the plane. I guess I am just too busy being filled with the spirit of innovation and flight and joy and happiness and a persistent desire to fly on US as much as possible to notice
Old Aug 16, 2005, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by JAXPax
This would be "Traditional Transformation" and you can download it here on a page made by a FT member awhile back:

That's the place!! I knew someone here would right away know the web site I was thinking of.

I wonder if the new US will keep the same music?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:07 am

That is my website but someone from FT gave me the files.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JAXPax

So if they called that one "Traditional Transformation", what do you think they will call the new music with HP?

I vote for some sort of 1920's theme and call it the "Bankruptcy Shuffle."
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:04 am

Am I the only one who likes the old (panflute) theme better? (BTW, I really like the Adiemus theme Delta used in the 90's)
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
I liked the old one, but the new one just warms my heart, man...Especially when they do that "From all of us at US Airways, welcome aboard..."

The recording of the new one does not seem to be quite right. The main part of the theme is more robust and repeated...I didn't even recognize most of that. But its good that the old one is perserved for future generations.

I remember one time I was settling in, ready for the theme music on a DCA-PVD flight, when as we headed out to Runway 1, the FA's couldn't get the monitors to work. By the time we gave up, we were #1 for depature, so rather than doing it manually they just bagged it and sat down.

I was shocked...must be an FAA violation, I would assume.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:25 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by ruud
Am I the only one who likes the old (panflute) theme better? (BTW, I really like the Adiemus theme Delta used in the 90's)
Ditto
Old Aug 16, 2005, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Yeah, but US owns Transformation - so unlike the ol' pan flute, they don't have to pay anyone royalties for the use. That was (I believe) one of the major reasons that US went to a new theme.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 4:05 pm

Programs: US1
It was about 2 months ago (I can't remember the exact flight number) I was on a 757 and they had problems playing the video. I could hear the FA's talking and heard the FA say pop in the other safety video. It was the old panflute theme. I like both themes to be honest with you.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by usairwaysLamb
Ok, there have been some "out there" questions, and this is going to be one of them. On any u-s airways flight where they show the preflight video, we all lisiten to the impressive music in the back round as they babble on about the number of exits, and how they want to "wish you a plesant flight." Anybody know where i could find & download the theme music?

p.s.-they also play it while your on hold.
Thank You all so much for months I tried finding this melody. It sound terrific, by the way whats the real tile of it and the artist/composer????????????????????

LOT Polish Airlines- You're Under Our Wing www.lot.com
Old Aug 16, 2005, 5:34 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
I have the old panflute safety video for the B737-400 on DVD.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US dividend miles, Omni Select Guest, United Mplus
Talking

Exactly! "It warms my heart," that is the perfect way to put it. I cant believe someone actually found the song! Thank you so much! Thank God for flyer talk!

****JaxPAX: I WANT that dvd! lol!

Last edited by usairwaysLamb; Aug 17, 2005 at 7:54 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.