Wiki Posts
Search

Quebec City Award

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Quebec City Award

If someone out there isn't too busy, I could use some help.

I'm trying to book an award from MDT-QBC-MDT via YYZ in mid June.
The ANA tool is showing availability on AC for both directions. I can also go MDT-ORD-QBC outbound on United according to ANA.

I call the Dividend Miles line to book the award and I'm told that they can't even bring up the flights on their computer, let alone look at award availability. Not for the Air Canada flights nor the United Flights.

Has anybody used Dividend Miles to book flights to QBC before?

Thanks.
Rich
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5*
I have booked PHX-YQB-PHX at least a half dozen times via awards. I simply call the Dividend Miles desk, and it's usually via AC. Sometimes it's been US to YYZ then AC to YQB. The one thing that you have to have is flexibility, as it seems that AC does not give US all of their available Awards seats. They hold some back for themselves. It sounds as if you just got a bad agent. I would call again. Just remember, 9 times out of 10, your exact dates will not be available. You just have to be flexible, i.e. 5 days plus or minus. Good luck, and let me know if you need more info!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Usually the ANA tool is correct with the award availability.

I gave the agent specific flight #'s and time. She said she couldn't even bring up the flights on her system. They didn't appear to exist.

maybe its a harrisburg issue not a quebec city issue.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Called back and got a different agent. Got the exact flights I wanted for 25,000 miles.

I guess the FlyerTalk mantra will always be that if you don't get an answer you like, call back and try again.

Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.