Silver Challange?

 
Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:59 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mesa, AZ
Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Posts: 638
I don't know if I posted it but I had told a guy on my LAS-PHX flight that I saw almost every week about it and he was declined as well since he was already silver. I was very suprised when this year I was comped to plat even though I only made about 56K miles and 64 segments. The reason was that I did it in 4 months of flying and they were in the latter half of the year so FF just bumped me to plat for this year as well. I'll easily make it this year with miles. Also they told me that if you are within 10% of miles they will automatically bump you up as a standard.

Lance
Robertsonland is offline  
Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:55 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: ROC Rochester, NY
Programs: UA 1K HA Gold Frontier Ascend Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 77
I just enrolled my brother in the Trail Elite program online with the FlightFund agent. It only took 5 minutes online and couldn't have been any easier.
crutches12402 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:42 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,845
Is it a once in a lifetime kind of a thing? That is if you have status and loose it, can you challange back up to it?
dspringer28 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:02 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Southern California
Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Posts: 1,341
DO not get upset.. American does it too

Many airlines comp or give challenges.... America Airlines gives a Gold or Platinum challenge... (there's counts any OneWorld partner though)... but it is a good program to attract other airline's elites.. or get someone to switch from Southwest to America West, etc....

I have taken the American Airlines Comp before.. got Platinum and it made me want to take American for the next 2 years.... so it does give the airline revenue...
LAX1K to AmWest is offline  
Old Mar 17, 2005, 3:31 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,845
Originally Posted by dspringer28
Is it a once in a lifetime kind of a thing? That is if you have status and loose it, can you challange back up to it?
Anyone?
dspringer28 is offline  
Old Mar 17, 2005, 5:21 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mesa, AZ
Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Posts: 638
It was my understanding that as long as you haven't attempted the challenge in the 12 months prior (successful or unsucessful) you could do the challenge again as long as you weren't currently elite.

This may be incorrect but it is how I remember the rules.

Lance
Robertsonland is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:13 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: AA PLAT, HP Gold
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by dspringer28
Anyone?
Based on the great information available on FT I just got comp'd Gold on America West based on my Platinum status on American. In the email I received I was told this would be done only ONCE. Additionally, I know that American only allows you to attempt challenges once. As a result, my educated GUESS is that you cannot re-attempt the challenge on America West more than once.

I'm a newbie to this board and obviously a bit of a dunce, why is everyone calling it HP instead of FlightFund?
TheFrogman is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:49 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: PHX
Programs: HP/US
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by TheFrogman
Based on the great information available on FT I just got comp'd Gold on America West based on my Platinum status on American. In the email I received I was told this would be done only ONCE. Additionally, I know that American only allows you to attempt challenges once. As a result, my educated GUESS is that you cannot re-attempt the challenge on America West more than once.

I'm a newbie to this board and obviously a bit of a dunce, why is everyone calling it HP instead of FlightFund?
Not a silly question! HP is our airline code (like AA is for American), Flight Fund is the name of our frequent flyer program (AA=AAvantage). Hope you enjoy your Gold Elite status and welcome to FT!
snokums925 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:36 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: BOS
Programs: Brown medallion
Posts: 184
I called them a few hours before my flight to get enrolled in the challenge.

When I checked my account today, my status is silver. And I also received silver bonus miles! ^
vholic is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:20 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arizona USA
Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 1,652
Originally Posted by Centurion
With HPs new lower first class fares it is very common now to not be upgraded if your Silver...So do not feel like you lost out on an upgrade becasue odds are you were not going to get an upgrade. If you want to be sure of an upgrade now a days I strongly suggest you buy a first class ticket or use miles.
One of my staff is Silver and he's been keeping track since switching to HP last year. Since Feb '04 he's been upgraded 82% of all flights, and he flies out of PHX to all HP destinations.
KevAZ is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:59 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FLG
Programs: UA Prem. Exec, HP Plat, DL, NW, Hertz #1 Gold, Emerald Club
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by KevAZ
One of my staff is Silver and he's been keeping track since switching to HP last year. Since Feb '04 he's been upgraded 82% of all flights, and he flies out of PHX to all HP destinations.
I'm silver and I'm 0 for 8 when it comes to upgrades flying out of PHX. I fly to BWI and IAD and have not been upgraded once this year. When they call group one to board it seems like half the terminal gets up. Silver doesn't cut it for me. I guess it depends on your destination.
rjp6902 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2005, 8:12 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: PHX
Programs: HP/US
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by rjp6902
I'm silver and I'm 0 for 8 when it comes to upgrades flying out of PHX. I fly to BWI and IAD and have not been upgraded once this year. When they call group one to board it seems like half the terminal gets up. Silver doesn't cut it for me. I guess it depends on your destination.
It does depend on your destination--BWI, IAD, DCA, ORD, DFW are all very tough for Silver members to upgrade since a lot of passengers upgrade using their miles on those routes. Elite upgrades are also rare unless you are Platinum. Hope your luck changes in the future!
snokums925 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:40 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mesa, AZ
Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Posts: 638
I am platinum and fly out of PHX to MSP each week. I've been batting about .500 the past two months for upgrades. Outbound seams always full and I usually get the return trip no problem.

It definitely depends on your destination on whether you have a good chance to get upgraded. I've even flown out on Sunday night on a 757 and not gotten upgraded before. Hopefully the PHX exodus will end soon and things will get back to my usual 100% upgrade

Lance
Robertsonland is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:01 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PHX
Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I am platinum and fly out of PHX to MSP each week. I've been batting about .500 the past two months for upgrades. Outbound seams always full and I usually get the return trip no problem.

It definitely depends on your destination on whether you have a good chance to get upgraded. I've even flown out on Sunday night on a 757 and not gotten upgraded before. Hopefully the PHX exodus will end soon and things will get back to my usual 100% upgrade

Lance
I've been Sundays and Thursdays to/from PHL for the last 9 months and I'm barely above that. I've charted it and I'm about 65% on the PHX to PHL portion and about 40% on the PHL to PHX portion. I kept trying to figure out why as I generally am close to the top of the queue due to always flying and was told by an agent over the phone that most people had upgraded using miles. I also fly at popular times. Apparently if I didn't have a job and just flew back and forth it would be easy to get upgraded.
stewabr is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2005, 2:45 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Phoenix
Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Posts: 6,112
Originally Posted by TheFrogman
Based on the great information available on FT I just got comp'd Gold on America West based on my Platinum status on American. In the email I received I was told this would be done only ONCE. Additionally, I know that American only allows you to attempt challenges once. As a result, my educated GUESS is that you cannot re-attempt the challenge on America West more than once.

I'm a newbie to this board and obviously a bit of a dunce, why is everyone calling it HP instead of FlightFund?

Your info on the American Challange is incorrect. You can attempt it lots of times - as long as you dont currently have the status you are challenging for. COMPS are different
jan_az is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.