Silver Challange?

Old Jun 22, 2004, 4:00 pm

Programs: HP Silver Elite, HHonors
That was pretty easy

It is interesting that the FF desk does at first come across like they do not know what you are talking about. They pursue the Go for the Gold program, although they also have the Go for the Silver programs (a whole other subject). But once I explained the parameters as outlined in this thread, she 'came clean' and enrolled me without any question immediately.

Thanks for the info
KJ
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
They didn't give me any problem. I asked about the Silver Challenge, she asked for my FF number and said, ok you are signed up. I prolly should have signed up for the Gold though. 14 Segments won't be too hard but I'm still new with the job and don't know my exact flight schedule yet. So 6 was easy enough to make. Had she mentioned the Gold, I may have taken her up on it.

Lance
Old Jun 23, 2004, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
They didn't give me any problem. I asked about the Silver Challenge, she asked for my FF number and said, ok you are signed up. I prolly should have signed up for the Gold though. 14 Segments won't be too hard but I'm still new with the job and don't know my exact flight schedule yet. So 6 was easy enough to make. Had she mentioned the Gold, I may have taken her up on it.

Lance
If you fly 14 segments in the 90 day period you will get Gold.You don't have to specify Silver, Gold or Plat at signup.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 10:20 am

Ahh even better. Well that's cool. I guess they should just call it Elite Challenge. Well now I'll try and connect my way to 14 segments.

Lance
Old Jun 26, 2004, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ord26
If you fly 14 segments in the 90 day period you will get Gold.You don't have to specify Silver, Gold or Plat at signup.
Yeah, it states in the letter you receive that....
Silver - 6 Segments/6k miles
Gold - 14 Segments/11.5k miles
Plat - 22 Segments/18k miles

My question is, if somebody did this late in the year could they argue for an extension into the 2005 program year, past the normal 2/28 expiration date?
Old Jun 26, 2004, 2:39 pm

Yeah now that I got my letter I see that in there. I might be able to make gold with running up connections.

Well I would think as you get closer to the end of the year and since you have 90 days to do it, that it would have to fall for the next program year. I mean if you do it in November and your trial period ends in February and it ends Feb 28th that really isn't much time. I'm not sure where the cutoff is though. Although I certainly hope to get at least "real" silver this year anyway. Although I'll try and "connect" my way to gold.

Lance
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:04 pm

Thumbs up Trial Elite

With the help of this forum, I just called HP Flight Fund line.

I was told that the official name for the program is Trial Elite, she thought it was cute that I called it the Silver Challenge.

Anyway, it was really easy. She knew exactly what program I was talking about. All you have to do is ask.

Thanks for the great advice. I will definitely be flying HP more.

Last edited by whisprwave; Jan 3, 2005 at 2:06 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:09 pm

By any name it is really worth it. Especially if you get it near year end or beginning of the year. I did mine in June and really didn't start flying until June so so I willl lose my platinum come Feb 28th due to the fact that I only got 56K miles and 64 Segments in about 4 months of flying. I prolly should have waited until later in the year to get plat all of this year.

Lance
Old Jan 3, 2005, 7:03 pm

Programs: USA CP, AA, UAL, BA, DLTA
Spoil Sport

I hate to be a spoil sport, but I think the challenge degrades Elite Status for those of us who actually fly the annual miles required for status. Why not run an ad in the newspaper so anyone can call in, say they want to enter the challenge and get status. Maybe the Arizona Republic should run a story so that everybody in the Valley can get status.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:19 pm

Didn't think it was that publicized. I only found it from a post on here. Sometimes the agents don't even know what I'm talking about when I mention it. I think it's a great way to get status quickly and encourage someone to fly more to get a better status. But I can see you fearing it might flood the pool a bit.

Lance
Old Jan 8, 2005, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
Yeah now that I got my letter I see that in there. I might be able to make gold with running up connections.

Well I would think as you get closer to the end of the year and since you have 90 days to do it, that it would have to fall for the next program year. I mean if you do it in November and your trial period ends in February and it ends Feb 28th that really isn't much time. I'm not sure where the cutoff is though. Although I certainly hope to get at least "real" silver this year anyway. Although I'll try and "connect" my way to gold.

Lance
I didn't see a response to this post. I took the challenge and made Platinum. Will that status last until 2/06? I hope so since I only qualified a few weeks ago. Has anyone had that happen?
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:55 pm

I believe if you do it late in the year (Octoberish?) that it will be good for the entire following year (02/2006).

Lance
Old Mar 14, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA Prem. Exec, HP Plat, DL, NW, Hertz #1 Gold, Emerald Club
silver challenge

I just called AWA and signed up for the silver challenge. No problems. Does anyone know if EQM's from partner airlines will count towards the required mileage of the challenge?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by rjp6902
I just called AWA and signed up for the silver challenge. No problems. Does anyone know if EQM's from partner airlines will count towards the required mileage of the challenge?
That's a big negative, good-buddy.

Only regular HP miles count towards the bonus. Even if you fly NW to asia, no dice for the challenge. Specials rules for a special program. They'll count for straight up earned elite credit though.

The purpose of the challenge is to get you to funnel all of your revenue (or a large chunk) to HP, not to simply get your FF # inserted into partner airlines and have them purchase mileage from HP for you.

Welcome to the HP flyertalk board!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Since I manage to maintain silver status year after year, I thought I'd call to bump myself to gold through this program.......no go......

If you've already got some status, you cannot elevate yourself through this promo......did I miss that in prior posts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.