Community
Wiki Posts
Search

34 minutes connection at CLT - how risky is that?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The only thing working in your favor is that you're coming from the west coast. I find that departures out of LAX, SAN, PHX and even SEA have the best chance of being on-time as they are not affected by "ground stops" at CLT that get initiated in the afternoon. And, if they are delayed at the originating airport, they often can "make up time" en route.

Flying on short hops to CLT or along the east coast, you can easily get hit by flow control restrictions that can derail your connection.

That being said, I don't like connections under 40 minutes at CLT....
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Currently holding LAX-ORD-JFK with an hour and a half connection which I assume is more than enough? on the plus side ORD-JFK is a 777 (old first?) but on the downside it's a 5am departure from LAX with a car to return first...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by clubman
Currently holding LAX-ORD-JFK with an hour and a half connection which I assume is more than enough? on the plus side ORD-JFK is a 777 (old first?) but on the downside it's a 5am departure from LAX with a car to return first...
You'll be fine with an hour and a half at ORD. Enough time to grab some Frontera Tortas and relax in the AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.