Wiki Posts
Search

Odd IFE question regarding domestic first

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Odd IFE question regarding domestic first

Please move this if its in the wrong place..

Ok odd question...flying in F Phl-Sfo in 3 wks. Would love to find a way to hang my yoga pro 2 (folded into a tablet) between the two seats infront of us. Have tryed wedging between the little drinks tray that pops out from the arm rest and the seat in front but it doesnt feel safe..nothing on amazon i can buy...any ideas?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Velcro. One strip gets left on the back of the seat in front of you and the other is permanently on the back of your tablet. I presume it can also be slowly stripped off too.

Don't expect it to hold in any real turbulence.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by jock
Please move this if its in the wrong place..

Ok odd question...flying in F Phl-Sfo in 3 wks. Would love to find a way to hang my yoga pro 2 (folded into a tablet) between the two seats infront of us. Have tryed wedging between the little drinks tray that pops out from the arm rest and the seat in front but it doesnt feel safe..nothing on amazon i can buy...any ideas?
That flight will most likely be on a US Airways aircraft and they don't have the drink tray you are talking about.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
That flight will most likely be on a US Airways aircraft and they don't have the drink tray you are talking about.
The legacy US Airbus fleet has drink trays in the center console of the seats, not mounted to the seat in front (such as on the AA 738). The trays either swing out towards each F seat then forward, or there is one tray that pulls out. The oldest former America West A319s and A320s pull forward, the US A319/320/321s delivered between roughly 1999-2006 swing towards the F passenger, and the newer A320/321s return to having a single tray pull forward from the center console.

I know that's more info than anyone wanted, especially since none of this helps mount a laptop or tablet for IFE :-)
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by phlwookie
The legacy US Airbus fleet has drink trays in the center console of the seats, not mounted to the seat in front (such as on the AA 738). The trays either swing out towards each F seat then forward, or there is one tray that pulls out. The oldest former America West A319s and A320s pull forward, the US A319/320/321s delivered between roughly 1999-2006 swing towards the F passenger, and the newer A320/321s return to having a single tray pull forward from the center console.

I know that's more info than anyone wanted, especially since none of this helps mount a laptop or tablet for IFE :-)
The OP was referring to the drink tray that comes out from the back of the armrest of the seat in front of you on some AA aircraft including the 737s and some 757s.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
The OP was referring to the drink tray that comes out from the back of the armrest of the seat in front of you on some AA aircraft including the 737s and some 757s.
Yeah, I know, hence my reference to the AA 738 :-) I use them all the time. PHL-SFO will be a US Airbus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.