US switches Express yellow valet tags to AA red Valet tags

Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I always prefer to have at least two valet tags on any bag getting valeted. While that does not address all of the scenarios here, it does limit risk that a tag gets torn off and the bag misrouted to baggage claim, especially at a hub airport with an onward connection. A valet tag getting torn off is something that's happened to me many times.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I have had my valet bag get delivered to baggage claim at CLT instead of being returned at the gate before (I was unlucky, everyone else got theirs properly). Had to go landside to get it back, good thing I had a long connection. I agree with the sentiment that there's no reason NOT to have the protection of the receipt stub in case it becomes necessary.

I assume this also means the discontinuation of the blue first class tags? That's a great pity if so...
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superweak
I assume this also means the discontinuation of the blue first class tags? That's a great pity if so...
Why would you assume that? There is nothing in this thread that says anything about the blue gate-check tags for F pax, musical instruments, strollers, car seats, and crew bags. Just that the coin flip that decided the valet tags came up red.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ashill
Did/does US actually scan the yellow tags? I doubt it; I've never seen any airline scan valet checked bags.
As established, US (more often then not) scanned these. US always had the "tracking/scanning not available at all locations" -- but at least at the major hubs, I would see it scanned.

UA-Express has always scanned my valet tag when boarding at the GA computer.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Why would you assume that? There is nothing in this thread that says anything about the blue gate-check tags for F pax, musical instruments, strollers, car seats, and crew bags. Just that the coin flip that decided the valet tags came up red.
I assumed that because red tags suggest they are adopting American Eagle's valet tagging procedure, not USX's. After some searching, it seems that there is an Eagle equivalent of the first class valet tag (ironically, it's yellow?). Since I've never actually seen one in real life (including situations where I *should* have gotten one), I hadn't realized they exist.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by superweak
Eagle has yellow tags (same design as red tags) for F.

edit: didn't see your latest post...sorry! But, I've gotten one each time FWIW
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Eagle has yellow tags (same design as red tags) for F.

edit: didn't see your latest post...sorry! But, I've gotten one each time FWIW
Yes, but they seem to mean nothing to baggage handlers. When I have had AA's yellow tags my bag was one of the last to appear on the jet bridge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.