Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Safety Demo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Strange Safety Demo

I was on a A319-O flight today between 2 US cities that are both near the ocean. During the demo, the mid-cabin FA pulled the life vest out and held it up anticipating that was the next step.

Then the demo just abruptly ended - the FA making the announcement seemed to have skipped a whole paragraph. The mid-cabin FA went to the front and the 3 of them talked for a long time and nothing happened. The plane had life vests under the seat.

I don't fly US that often but I have never seen them demoing the life vest even on the A321. They usually just read through that part. This year I only had a few ERJ flights. Does anyone know what the deal is? I suppose the O in the 319 O means over the water?

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:16 am

Strange Safety Demo

Life vests are only demo'ed if the flight is operating "over water" and will be a specific number of miles from the shore line, depending on the flight plan.
A319-W has life vests
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
So they don't ever expect a water landing? That's inconceivable.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by username
The mid-cabin FA went to the front and the 3 of them talked for a long time and nothing happened.
You do know that when flight attendants gather at front galley area prior to take off they are not talking about safety issues of the flight, don’t you? Flight attendants are talking about work place gossip about their colleagues and latest episodes of The Bachelor and Real Housewives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.