Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-LAX morning flight: Catering? Aircraft configuration?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by FlyingSky
Thanks all. I'm still debating whether I should change my award to fly out of BWI on Alaska on their 737 vs the A319 out of IAD. Which seems like a better option?
Doesn't changing an award fro AA/US and oneworld partners to non-oneworld partners or vice versa not require $150 any more?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Doesn't changing an award fro AA/US and oneworld partners to non-oneworld partners or vice versa not require $150 any more?
I'm actually calling them now to find out if they'll waive the change fee since it's still within 24 hours since I ticketed the award. I don't think it's possible, and I don't plan on paying the $150+ to change my flight to Alaska, but if it's free to change, I'll do it.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Looks like I'm flying what I booked, the US A319 from IAD. Thanks all for your help! Anyone with further knowledge of the food served on this flight, I'm still a bit curious.

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The service should be fine with a beverage of choice on the ground (you won't get that on mainline AA)....the problem with US is the lack of power and entertainment for me.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
The service should be fine with a beverage of choice on the ground (you won't get that on mainline AA)....the problem with US is the lack of power and entertainment for me.
I've actually never flown a US operated flight in FC before, so I'm looking forward to it before the change over in October. I usually bring those portable chargers with me anyway, and as long as I have wifi that'll keep me occupied. Originally wanted to fly the JFK-LAX route on the A321, but there's zero availability for saver awards on that route for the entire month.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Looks like I'm flying what I booked, the US A319 from IAD. Thanks all for your help! Anyone with further knowledge of the food served on this flight, I'm still a bit curious.

Thanks!
Hasn't the catering on US & AA been the same for some time now? Food should be the same as whatever AA would serve in F on a long haul.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by aztimm
Hasn't the catering on US & AA been the same for some time now? Food should be the same as whatever AA would serve in F on a long haul.
Correct
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by HNL
I would take Alaska.

Thanks!
Ah well. For future reference, I would have picked AS over US. Better breakfast (with the option to take a Y hot meal or cheese platter, no charge) + power outlets + tablet IFE.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
Ah well. For future reference, I would have picked AS over US. Better breakfast (with the option to take a Y hot meal or cheese platter, no charge) + power outlets + tablet IFE.
Definitely will keep that in mind next time! Thanks!

I could still change my flight around (at no charge since the origin/destination are the same) leaving from IAD with connection in CLT, continuing onto LAX on a US A321, but not sure its worth the switch as it also requires an express flight down to CLT. Nonstop A319 vs. connection and an A321.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A319 and A321 offer the same F product on PMUS equipment, virtually no difference. Keep the non-stop to avoid any potential issues of misconnecting in CLT. Miss that connection and your long haul in F is most likely gone.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:52 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely will keep that in mind next time! Thanks!

I could still change my flight around (at no charge since the origin/destination are the same) leaving from IAD with connection in CLT, continuing onto LAX on a US A321, but not sure its worth the switch as it also requires an express flight down to CLT. Nonstop A319 vs. connection and an A321.
There is space on the early DCA-DFW-LAX flights. Depending where you are staying that could be a good option. If I was staying a fair distance from DCA I would not take that option given the connection required vs the non-stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.