Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phl-tlv - swu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:22 pm

At what point will they contact me about it. I have 5 purchased business class tickets and it is not always easy to get 5 tickets on the same flight on partner airlines (ie the elal flights are sold out that week in business from LA).

Would elal still qualify as a partner airline?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly guy asdf
At what point will they contact me about it. I have 5 purchased business class tickets and it is not always easy to get 5 tickets on the same flight on partner airlines (ie the elal flights are sold out that week in business from LA).

Would elal still qualify as a partner airline?
They'll try and get ya there on AA/BA.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

El Al qualifies; I'd call AA today & discuss your re-route options.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:37 pm

I just looked at AA and you cant book the flight after the Jan 2, I also tried to see my seat assignment for the end of the Jan and it wont let me look at my seat assignment which it would let me look at last week.

It looks like this is true which would suck.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:26 pm

I just spoke to AA and they did say the flight is canceled as of the 2nd. They said the cancellation has not made it into the system so I can not re-book my flight as of now.

I really want to get moved on an elal flight as they are much better times then the AA/British flight, any ideas how I can try to get on the elal flight?

They said I should try back in 30 days, or when I get a notice from them.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
When my Thanksgiving day flight was cancelled I was told only refund, day before or day after. They were not willing to move to another carrier.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Phl-tlv - swu

I am flying in May and everything still appears normal on AA.com
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I am flying in May and everything still appears normal on AA.com
The route was just canceled earlier today, so give AA a few days, and the flight will be pulled. And within a month or two, AA might re-route you.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:35 pm

Why do you think it will take so long to rebook, will I have any choices?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I'd have my travel agent book me the proper space- if available- on the partner carriers or other AA flights NOW. AA can always take that booking/space and use it.

Time is not a friend.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:54 pm

I booked directly, when I called today (twice) they said they know the flight was canceled but there is nothing I can do because it was not canceled in the system, what should I do?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Phl-tlv - swu

There are several other options than BA, including AB and IB. Depending on where youre originating, that might be better. My guess is they're sorting it out still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.