Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US729/AAL729 chronic lateness and APCs in PHL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I think ORD and JFK have better connection planning (the neon fast connection at ORD worked really well when I had to use it with the family), but those connections are priced higher.

I think the idea of not booking the last connection of the day is just the way to go when using PHL. Aside from all this GE talk, US CBP continues to try to find ways to streamline the process. I think pre-clearance may be the best answer (and potentially safer). The issue is you would need to travel routes that touch those locations where that would be the case (again, not cheap).

Rasheed
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rasheed
I think ORD and JFK have better connection planning (the neon fast connection at ORD worked really well when I had to use it with the family), but those connections are priced higher.

I think the idea of not booking the last connection of the day is just the way to go when using PHL. Aside from all this GE talk, US CBP continues to try to find ways to streamline the process. I think pre-clearance may be the best answer (and potentially safer). The issue is you would need to travel routes that touch those locations where that would be the case (again, not cheap).

Rasheed
There is only one flight (early morning) from ORD to where I was going a day and no direct OneWorld flights from JFK. Funnily enough, my booked connection was the penultimate flight of the day. I did this on purpose so that, should I be delayed or it is cancelled, I have a potential fall-back of the later flight. However, that was just a freak day where both my booked connection and the later flight were cancelled.

Anyway, I still believe that it is terrible that CBP or whoever decided to "reserve" APC kiosks for US citizens/residents only. Those people can apply for GE, whereas many people covered by Visa Waiver cannot, so they shouldn't so PITA to visitors. Pre-clearance at LHR will be great when it happens, though I'd rather they allowed UK folks to apply for GE as well.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by techie
Anyway, I still believe that it is terrible that CBP or whoever decided to "reserve" APC kiosks for US citizens/residents only. Those people can apply for GE, whereas many people covered by Visa Waiver cannot, so they shouldn't so PITA to visitors. Pre-clearance at LHR will be great when it happens, though I'd rather they allowed UK folks to apply for GE as well.
It doesn't make much sense to complain about CBP here in the US forum, we have a dedicated Travel Safety & Security forum (or forums) here on FT for discussion around that.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-security-222/

There is a, "company representative," who sometimes looks in there.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by aztimm
It doesn't make much sense to complain about CBP here in the US forum, we have a dedicated Travel Safety & Security forum (or forums) here on FT for discussion around that.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-security-222/

There is a, "company representative," who sometimes looks in there.
Thanks, it was more of a side comment rather than a full-on complaint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.