Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket only need the return

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
Award ticket only need the return

On a roundtrip award ticket if I only need the return is there away to cancel the outbound, with still keeping the return ticket home?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Yes, you can call the reservation hotline and change your ticket for a fee of USD150.-.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Is it a Dividend Miles redemption? As far as I know, DM does not offer one way awards.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sosfo
Is it a Dividend Miles redemption? As far as I know, DM does not offer one way awards.
DM does offer one way awards. They cost the same as the round trip but they do exist. And you have to call in to book them so as the OP's award was originally booked as round trip, I'm sure that Air Rarotonga's reply that it'll cost $150 to change the award, is correct.

If the OP just wanted the outbound, they could just fly it and not fly the return but as they want the return and not the outbound, if they don't fly the outbound and don't tell US and set up the ticket correctly, the return will most likely get cancelled.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by justhere
They cost the same as the round trip but they do exist.
Ouch, that hurts. Thanks for the clarification though!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I don't think it will work because canceling the outbound will flip origin and destination.

For example if OP was going JFK-HKG-JFK, JFK was origin and HKG destination. If you cancel JFK leg, it will make it HKG-JFK with HKG as origin and JFK as destination.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I don't think it will work because canceling the outbound will flip origin and destination.

For example if OP was going JFK-HKG-JFK, JFK was origin and HKG destination. If you cancel JFK leg, it will make it HKG-JFK with HKG as origin and JFK as destination.
There's really no reason it won't work as long as the OP is willing to pay any fees, etc associated with the change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.