Search

Missing BA leg(s) on US itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Missing BA leg(s) on US itinerary?

[Sorry long]

Hello all, my partner and I wanted to take advantage of his CP upgrade certs to go to CPH this summer (and return from CDG). We called the CP line, got a GREAT agent. It was in the middle of some of the bad snow storms/weather in DFW and east coast and wait times were long, agents were having problems with phones (a call cut in to ours in the middle of our conversation). We were on the phone for over two hours. She kept searching and found us PHL-MAN-LHR-CPH and CDG-PHL: US legs up front with CP certs.

However, when it went to ticket, agent had problems and couldn’t get the BA MAN-LHR, LHR-CPH legs to go through. In the end we had to void/cancel those tickets. She tried again with the original itinerary. It came up and we ticketed it, got our US Business seats (again) and thought we were done.

Afterwards, when we checked the itinerary on USAirways.com, we had both the US and BA confirmation codes. The US had PHL-MAN, CDG-PHL, but no BA flights listed. I logged into BA, checked my itin, and nothing came up. I know it takes up to 24 hours to show so I didn’t worry about it. I checked a few more times the next week and nothing. I called BA, they said that they could see my MAN-LHR flight but US hadn’t paid for it. We called US, they could only see what I saw on USairways.com (PHL-MAN, CDG-PHL). They had no record of any BA flight.

When I looked up my voided US confirmation code, I saw a different BA confirmation number. When I looked that up on BA.com, I could see (confirmed) PHL-MAN (on US) and LHR-CPH (on BA). I called BA (and reached out via twitter). Both said that we are confirmed LHR-CPH, but have no MAN-LHR flights, that US never paid for them.

Called US line again, same answer as before: they see only PHL-MAN, LHR-CPH. Agent said payment MAN-LHR-CPH would go through at the same time. Anyone else experience something like this?

Since no one can find any confirmed MAN-LHR flight, I assume we need to buy it,, and we are happy to do that, but with One World, am I (also) correct in thinking that we would be protected/ get checked bags through for the MAN-LHR, LHR-CPH flights after checking-in in PHL? My ultimate fear was we would miss or be denied boarding on one of the BA legs and have the CDG-PHL portion cancelled. US agents have assured us that that could not happen, as they have no BA leg as part of their itinerary.

Thanks,
mapboyPHL
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
OP here. I must have stumbled across a pretty random situation that few (if any) have encountered. Looks like the best option is to go ahead and buy the MAN-LHR leg and hope that we (and bags) make it to CPH that afternoon.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
The same thing happened to me in late February, where the BA segments would not "stick" to my CP cert upgraded flights. it was never corrected, unfortunately, so we're taking a train from LHR the rest of the way.

It's a real bummer because of the LHR tax now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.