Wiki Posts
Search

CLT Tuesday 17Feb

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
CLT Tuesday 17Feb

Ice is forecast for the overnight period ending around 0500 or so but damage will have been done. According to Channel 9 news 130 flights already cancelled tomorrow.

My suggestion rethink CLT tomorrow if possible.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
For once I am happy I booked my connection tomorrow through ORD. But Wednesday I am coming back to CLT. I think I will be ok.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm scheduled to connect through CLT tonight (if I can make it to BNA from home). Hoping the problems will improve this afternoon.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:21 am
Original Poster

According to one of the news approx. 2000 folks spent the night at the airport and hotels full. Hope none of you were stuck.

Last edited by coachrowsey; Feb 17, 2015 at 9:21 am Reason: wording
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Only stuck at home - I'm on my 6th re-booking right now.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:47 am

CLT Tuesday 17Feb

I'm stuck in LAS, hoping to get home today! Have been on the road for 11 of the last 13 days dealing with this winter wonderland!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: US, HH
US actually posted the travel waiver for CLT on Sunday morning already, I about fell over when I saw it. Thanks to that I was able to ditch my red-eye into CLT this morning for a much preferred flight that got me in before the problems started.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
I'm stuck in LAS, hoping to get home today! Have been on the road for 11 of the last 13 days dealing with this winter wonderland!
You poor thing stuck in Vegas

Last edited by coachrowsey; Feb 17, 2015 at 12:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BSBD
I'm scheduled to connect through CLT tonight (if I can make it to BNA from home). Hoping the problems will improve this afternoon.
Apparently things have not improved in CLT. My flight out of CLT tonight got canceled fairly early today.

Turns out I wouldn't have too much trouble getting to BNA, because roads are improving for now. US moved me to the same set of flights tomorrow, claiming no availability on anything earlier, so I'm losing a whole day of productivity.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Smile

Connecting flight was cancelled today, and spent most of the afternoon in CLT airport. I was glad to get an airport hotel. I am confirmed tomorrow night at 8pm, but will try standing by in the a.m for an earlier flight.

I must commend the staff at the USAirways (ok Admirals Club now) C concourse for outstanding service today. I must have been up to their desk three or four times with my canceled flights, standy by for others, and ultimately my flight for tomorrow. many thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: WFBF
Apparently I managed to dodge all the horrid yesterday; flew LGA-CLT-MCI, both flights operating, and despite a delay for de-icing at LGA everything went fine and I was home on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.