Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX - CUN - PHX Pricing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
PHX - CUN - PHX Pricing

Family vacation planning has begun and it looks like we are going to be meeting up with some extended family down in Cancun. I started looking at flights 6/28 - 7/5 and they are all wide open. The only issue so far is that they are about $750 round trip.

Does anyone know if these prices will drop as we get closer to the travel date, historically? Or, do they just figure that people will pay because it is a vacation destination.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Taxes, fees on US Mexico trips are usually $100+ per person. Starts to become significant - this might drop to $500 if you are lucky but don't expect much less especially if you want the non-stop.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
Prices seem about right. It's comping up $650 as of right now ... flown this route many times as a GP, and have been upgraded each time.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:34 pm

They might drop but I've consistently paid $600ish. With no nonstop competition on the route that's what you can expect. I've had luck booking out of Tucson for significantly cheaper but you need to be willing to get to Tucson obviously.

And yes, all 4 times I've flown to/from I've been upgraded as Silver and Gold.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:16 am

I go to Cancun from PHX several times a year. I have not seen the price drop over the July 4th holiday, we have gone the last few years at this time and will go again this year. This time of year is the most expensive for us, odds are against finding a price drop but if you do, book it quickly.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:11 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll be booking before the end of the month since that is when I am taking the hit and dropping from Chairman to Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.