Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting DM credit for US coded flights on AA booked via US

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Getting DM credit for US coded flights on AA booked via US

A few weeks ago I flew two segments operated by AA but were booked through US with my Dividend Miles account number. I assumed the segments would just credit to my DM account but they didn't.

Does it make a difference if I request the missing miles through my DM or AA frequent flyer program?

Bonus question. Due to a flight cancellation today I was rebooked on an AA flight operated by Alaska. I assume there's no way my US Plat status will pull through AA to the Alaska segments? I just wanted to get a preferred seat but I'm assuming not until the programs merge...

thanks -

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 8, 2015 at 10:55 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver
Your post might better be reworded to "Getting DM Credit for AA Segments Booked on US Ticket Stock (and sold as US Code Share)"

Assuming that is all true, know that I have done similar on a minimum of 10 AA segments (segments operated by AA, sold as US code share, ticketed by US, with credit to my DM account).

In EVERY SINGLE CASE I have never received credit and have had to email the US CP desk to request credit for these segments. Every single one of them.

No explanations given, once in a while I receive a reply that states "we are aware of this issue". Bear in mind this has happened over the last approx. 12 months. It appears that US/AA are not going to remedy this issue and we will have to wait it out.

I find your post timely for just this morning I emailed US DM desk with a request to post an AA segment (ticketed as US code share) to be posted to my DM account once again. This agony will hopefully be over very soon...
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Sounds like it's not me then...thanks for the info.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by scholity
Your post might better be reworded to "Getting DM Credit for AA Segments Booked on US Ticket Stock (and sold as US Code Share)"

Assuming that is all true, know that I have done similar on a minimum of 10 AA segments (segments operated by AA, sold as US code share, ticketed by US, with credit to my DM account).

In EVERY SINGLE CASE I have never received credit and have had to email the US CP desk to request credit for these segments. Every single one of them.

No explanations given, once in a while I receive a reply that states "we are aware of this issue". Bear in mind this has happened over the last approx. 12 months. It appears that US/AA are not going to remedy this issue and we will have to wait it out.

I find your post timely for just this morning I emailed US DM desk with a request to post an AA segment (ticketed as US code share) to be posted to my DM account once again. This agony will hopefully be over very soon...
This is exactly the scenario I find myself in: missing credit for an AA operated flight that was booked as a US codeshare with my Dividend Miles # on the reservation.

I went to request the miles through the US Airways website, but wasn't sure if I enter the US record locator, the AA record locator, the 037 US ticket number, or the 001 AA ticket number. Has anyone had any success requesting these missing miles through the website? I will probably ultimately email the CP desk, but just curious as to the experience of others.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I'm in a similar situation. US flight booked thru AA. Had my US number linked and did not received credit for my first flight of a 5 segment RT itinerary (did receive credit for the last 4 segments with 2 on US and 2 on AA). I submitted a missing miles request 2 weeks ago and also sent another message thru their basic questions/comments page and have yet to receive a response from either one. And no, my miles didn't post to my AA acct - they just didn't post anywhere (same for my 2 companions on the same itinerary). So annoying trying to chase this stuff down when it should have been automatic.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Been happening to me too. Just call the DM service center. They'll handle.

Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.