"we are not taking award bookings" after 35 minutes on hold

Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
"we are not taking award bookings" after 35 minutes on hold

frustrating experience. i have 2 award tickets on hold with partner airlines that need to be booked today or they expire. have been trying to get through all day (understanding the system is overloaded) and finally was able to get past the initial "please call back" message and able to hold. held for 35-minutes and was pleased to get an agent on the phone but, before I could speak, he said "due to the winter storm we cannot assist with award tickets." I explained that I just needed to have held reservations ticketed, but he said there was nothing he could do.

again, understanding lots of people are having bigger issues, not sure why I was allowed to hold if they were never going to take the call? reservations expire in less than two hours.

/rant over.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by neildibiase
frustrating experience. i have 2 award tickets on hold with partner airlines that need to be booked today or they expire. have been trying to get through all day (understanding the system is overloaded) and finally was able to get past the initial "please call back" message and able to hold. held for 35-minutes and was pleased to get an agent on the phone but, before I could speak, he said "due to the winter storm we cannot assist with award tickets." I explained that I just needed to have held reservations ticketed, but he said there was nothing he could do.

again, understanding lots of people are having bigger issues, not sure why I was allowed to hold if they were never going to take the call? reservations expire in less than two hours.

/rant over.
Sorry to hear you can't get the itinerary ticketed today. Next few days may not be any better.

I suggest trying to call again and request them to extend the hold 3-4 more days so that you can get it ticketed later.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:02 pm

Please post an update if you are able to get an extension!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Go to the airport. Ticket it at the counter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.