Some US Airways reservation reps are incredibly smart

Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Some US Airways reservation reps are incredibly smart

I know it doesn't happen everyday, but does at times. Here is my story.

I booked a award travel which is BOS-LHR-ZRH, ZRH-DOH-HKG, HKG-JFK/LGA-BOS

This itinerary is for 3 passengers, on 2 PNRs. I for me, one for my wife + my daughter. (had to do it this way coz we wanted to use some miles from my wife's account).

Just before ticketing, I made some changes and then paid for the booking (I know I had to pay BA taxes on BOS-LHR, but that's OK).

One of the change was in the date of HKG-JFK/LGA-BOS. The agent never asked if I wanted it in F or Y and I assumed it will be in F.

Later in the evening, I went in and changed the FF #s on the PNR to our BA FF#s (because we have status on BA). While selecting the seats, I realized for the first time that LGA-BOS sector was on Y.

I decided to call them a couple of days later as I was busy with something else and completed seat selection anyway. I was thinking if they change it for free, OK else it's just a 45 mins flight.

3-4 days later, I called up US airways and told the lady that LGA-BOS is booked as Y by mistake (she never asked my mistake or their). She asked me to hold on for a few minutes.
5 minutes later she came back to tell me that she is still working on it. I told her that we have 2 PNRs and I need to do this on both the PNRs, the reply was amazing "I know, I have found the PNR and I am working on both the PNRs".
5 more mins later, she was back and said, please stay on the line, I need help from my supervisor to get this done.
Another 5 mins later, she was back with this message "You are all set"

There was NO attempt whatsover to even hint of a fee or whose mistake it was. She also reconfirmed with me if the schedule changes were OK with me (a couple of flights had changed 2-5 minutes)

This was incredible!

Job well done!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Glad to hear! Enjoy your trip too.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
After flying UA for years, I am in London now on the first trip of a Trial Preferred challenge. I've been really pleasantly surprised by everyone from AA/US I've interacted with. I had to rebook BOS-JFK-LHR because of a weather delay that would have led to a missed connection, and the agent was competent, pleasant, and got me what I needed quickly with no problems. It's a really nice change of pace from United!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.