Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prediction of ability to buy trial Preferred on US in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:43 am
ftv
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Prediction of ability to buy trial Preferred on US in 2015?

I'm a UA 1K. No trips scheduled rest of the year.

Looking to probably do a trial US Preferred (FTers give reasons it is better than an AA status match, but I am open.)

Looks like US and AA merge FF programs in March of 2015. I am concerned about the availability of a US trial Preferred beginning Jauary 1, 2015 and wondering if I should just start it December 31, 2014 to be sure I can get it.

Anyone have thoughts?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Anybody who can answer this question with any remote certainty would be divulging proprietary inside information of US / AA. Anybody else is engaging in uninformed speculation.

Only you can evaluate the risk-reward.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Why wouldn't you just buy the silver challenge now, and then in 90 days fly the 30K miles to get Chairman status in Feb, and then EXP in March. You will net 10 SWUs this way. Seems like a no brainer.

See also http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...atinum-status/

Why assume US dividend challenges will be available after today? They could disappear any day between now and March.

Seems like you think an additional 11 days will make a difference for you to get 30K mikes. Forget the 11 days and just fly 11 percent more miles in the 79 days you will have left of your challenge in 2015.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Anybody who can answer this question with any remote certainty would be divulging proprietary inside information of US / AA. Anybody else is engaging in uninformed speculation.

Only you can evaluate the risk-reward.
Again speculation based on some publicly available information. I have special rewards on US and can nominate a person for Trial sliver. When I checked, the page informs me that I need to nominate a person for this reward before Feb 28th. One can guess it will be around till 28th Feb. Can they withdraw that reward and have that privilege expire tomorrow? They could but then one would hope they would have informed us earlier. Could they remove as a general case and keep it as a special rewards? They could but I kind of doubt it.

What comes after Feb 28th, I could not hazard a guess and if I did, it would be pure uninformed speculation.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
As of today, the US site says no new enrollments are being accepted for trial preferred status. I checked and my nomination is still there, but at least publicly, the program appears over for now.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Is this a change as of today?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL GM, CO, SWA
Originally Posted by mh4ll
Is this a change as of today?
According to the CSR I spoke to this morning, they just got the memo today. He even pled my case to a supervisor. No Go.

I was just talking about signing up yesterday, waited, and.........

Lesson learned
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Trial Preferred for 2015

My sense is it's unlikely to continue as before.

The AA equivalent allows going for Platinum, but not Executive Platinum, and I'd predict they stick with that.

Glad I signed up for the trial 3 weeks before they closed to new. Will be close and may require some pure mileage or segment runs, but will make CP by 2/28.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ftv

Anyone have thoughts?
Yeah. You snooze, you lose. It's gone and never coming back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.