Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Buy Up 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Alaska MVP Gold
US Airways Buy Up 2015

I'm a US Airways Chairman and I'm looking to retain my status for 2015 through the Buy Up program.

I have a flight on December 31st, which will put me in the 85,000 – 89,999 tier. I know that it sometimes takes a few days for them to credit miles. Will it leave me with enough time to Buy Up?

http://flights.usairways.com/en-US/d...preferred.html
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Welcome to Flyertalk, tworcester!

As your thread is connected with US Airways, I'll move it over to that forum, and more than likely consolidate into our thread on Buy Up.

aztimm
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm
Welcome to Flyertalk, tworcester!

As your thread is connected with US Airways, I'll move it over to that forum, and more than likely consolidate into our thread on Buy Up.

aztimm

Thanks. Also, what is the best tool to calculate mileage? Webflyer?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by tworcester
...I have a flight on December 31st, which will put me in the 85,000 – 89,999 tier. I know that it sometimes takes a few days for them to credit miles. Will it leave me with enough time to Buy Up? ...
Yes. Your present Chairman's Preferred status is good through Feb 2015, and you have all of Jan and Feb to Buy Up based on 2014 EQMs for a seamless continuation of your status and benefits for the 2015 program year (which will merge into AA).

Originally Posted by tworcester
...what is the best tool to calculate mileage? Webflyer?
I use Webflyer for quick calculations, but when pinpoint accuracy is needed for US flights, I prefer the US timetable mileage calculation.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: US Chairman, SPG PLAT, National Elite Exec
I just happened to be looking at the web site today. It appears they have taken away the option for Chairman to buy-up to "retain" status. Not sure if that will change after the end of the year, but not a good sign. I assume this is part of the changing status structure post AAdvantage integration.

see this link and note the footnote that says for Chairmen "Renewal not available"
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...preferred.html
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by BLADE
...note the footnote that says for Chairmen "Renewal not available" ...
It's badly spaced (should be placed under 2014 EQMs column), but in context it means renewal not available for present Chairman's with < 85k EQMs for 2014.

Scrolling down to FAQs in the link you provided ...

What are the eligibility criteria for participation in the Dividend Miles Preferred status boost offer?

You will be eligible for an Preferred status boost if your 2014 Dividend Miles Preferred qualifying activity is within 15,000 Preferred qualifying miles or 15 segments of reaching Silver, Gold or Chairman’s Preferred status.
If I hold Chairman's Preferred status through February 28, 2015, can I still renew my Chairman's Preferred status even if I don't end 2014 within 15,000 Preferred qualifying miles, or 15 segments of re-qualifying?

No. You will need to meet the required thresholds in order to be eligible to use this offer to retain your Dividend Miles Chairman's Preferred status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.