Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

SFO - San Francisco, CA: Admirals Club is located immediately left after clearing the security checkpoint.

Airside connection between T-1 and T-2 to open "soon".

US will move out of Terminal 1 (Boarding Area B) and into (same) Terminal 1 Boarding Area C - ex-Frontier gates, main tenant Delta). (Exact date to be announced.) (Bay Area Traveler) NOTE: AA is located in Terminal 2, Boarding Area D, Gates 50-59.

For showers (other than the Admirals Club), the Freshen Up! facility will reopen 31 October 2014. Prior to refurbishment, showers cost USD $15.

Freshen Up! (Scheduled to sreopen 31 Oct 2014)
International Terminal, Main Hall, Pre-Security
Hours of Operation: Daily, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Phone: 650.877.0798

For further information about SFO passenger services, including updates regarding a freshen Up! please use this link.

Print Wikipost

SFO Lounge options (including SFO Admirals Club)

Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
SFO Lounge options (including SFO Admirals Club)

Given AA has a lounge in Terminal 2, it would be nice to use since I fly in and out of SFO a lot. Is there a way to get to the AA lounge when on a US ticket?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by omegadeal
Given AA has a lounge in Terminal 2, it would be nice to use since I fly in and out of SFO a lot. Is there a way to get to the AA lounge when on a US ticket?
Has anyone tried this yet? Is there a shuttle between Terminal 1 and 2? I thought I heard about AS issuing a document that would get you past security in some cases. Would US/AA do that for us in SFO?

Edit - I read in the AA forum that they will issue a gate pass if you have a "business reason" to visit an Admiral's Club. I e-mailed the US Airways Club to see if they will do this for US members visiting Admiral's Clubs. I will try calling the main Admiral's Club number if that fails.

Last edited by jaxbill; Apr 21, 2014 at 6:44 pm Reason: added AA info
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (One World Emerald), Hilton Gld, Marriot Slvr
Is there a shuttle service between terminal 1 and terminal 2 POST SECURITY?
Have a longish stop there tomorrow and want to see if I can get to the Admirals Lounge without having to run through two security checks......

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by PHL_roadwarrior
Is there a shuttle service between terminal 1 and terminal 2 POST SECURITY?
Have a longish stop there tomorrow and want to see if I can get to the Admirals Lounge without having to run through two security checks......

Thanks!
There is not, unfortunately. There used to be a shuttle between T1 and T3 when UA was running some regional planes out of the old CO side of T1, but that went away a couple of months ago (I discovered this the hard way and had a brisk walk over to T1 after having gone to T3 for lunch).

If you have PreCheck, though, then you should be able to re-clear security at T1 fairly quickly, and the walk between T2 and T1 isn't terribly long (maybe 5ish minutes?).

-OM
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ottermatic
There is not, unfortunately. There used to be a shuttle between T1 and T3 when UA was running some regional planes out of the old CO side of T1, but that went away a couple of months ago (I discovered this the hard way and had a brisk walk over to T1 after having gone to T3 for lunch).

If you have PreCheck, though, then you should be able to re-clear security at T1 fairly quickly, and the walk between T2 and T1 isn't terribly long (maybe 5ish minutes?).

-OM
Sorry to bump this - but just to clarify, is there no airside access (walking or otherwise) between T2 and T1 then? I have my first ever US flight out of SFO coming up and would like to be able to use the AC in T2 while waiting if possible.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by scnzzz
Sorry to bump this - but just to clarify, is there no airside access (walking or otherwise) between T2 and T1 then? I have my first ever US flight out of SFO coming up and would like to be able to use the AC in T2 while waiting if possible.
You are correct. There is no airside access.

But the walk outside is short and easy; the security folks in T2 understand that folks from US are passing in for the Admirals Club only; and the Admirals Club is pretty nice. I did it and I would recommend it. Having TSA Precheck helps.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
You are correct. There is no airside access.

But the walk outside is short and easy; the security folks in T2 understand that folks from US are passing in for the Admirals Club only; and the Admirals Club is pretty nice. I did it and I would recommend it. Having TSA Precheck helps.
Agree, this is very easy to do. Airside connection between 1C and T2 is slated to be completed at SFO before year's end. US is currently in 1B, but is slated to move to 1C in a swap with Frontier as part of the Boarding Area B rebuild.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
SFO Admiral's Club

I've been toying with the idea of an Admiral's club membership. I do AA and US from SFO pretty frequently, but the club being in T2 seems to be of limited value flying US mostly. Does anyone know how security is handled? Do you have to screen, leave and be re-screened?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by malexander131
I've been toying with the idea of an Admiral's club membership. I do AA and US from SFO pretty frequently, but the club being in T2 seems to be of limited value flying US mostly. Does anyone know how security is handled? Do you have to screen, leave and be re-screened?
Yes you do.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Yes you do.
Which I've found is pretty easy if you have PreCheck. If not, YMMV.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
We've split this discussion off from the old and obsolete SFO lounge thread to avoid confusion.

/Moderator

One option discussed in that thread, for showers at (then) $15, was the International Terminal Freshen Up! facility (currently closed):

Showers
Freshen Up! offers shower facilities, toiletries, ironing facilities and undergarments. Freshen Up! is temporarily closed for remodeling and will re-open on October 31, 2014.

International Terminal, PMain Hall,, Pre-Security
Hours of Operation: Daily, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Phone: 650.877.0798

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 17, 2014 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
SFO US Lounge

I checked in for a U.S. airways operated flight from SFO today. When I checked in online it told me that clubs and lounges are available and that flights leave from Terminal 1.

I'm now sat in terminal one and can't seem to find the lounge. I know there is an AA lounge in T2 but it can't be referring to that as the check in message was about my flight and terminal one.

Can anyone give me directions?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by ChrL

I checked in for a U.S. airways operated flight from SFO today. When I checked in online it told me that clubs and lounges are available and that flights leave from Terminal 1.

I'm now sat in terminal one and can't seem to find the lounge. I know there is an AA lounge in T2 but it can't be referring to that as the check in message was about my flight and terminal one.

Can anyone give me directions?

Thanks
It was indeed referring to the lounge in T-2. They are all Admiral's Clubs now and the only one at SFO is T-2. From the US website:

Terminal 2, boarding area D, after security
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
If you have an AC membership, the counter staff at SFO has been good about issuing a pseudo boarding pass to let you through security, if you're flying on a different carrier. Although, someone had mentioned that now the TSA at T2 will let you through by showing a same day boarding pass at SFO with your AC card. However, all of this should become moot within the next couple of months, as the airside connector between T2 and T1B will be opened.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
FYI to US folks. The AAngles at the AC in SFO are some of the best in the system. They go out of their way to accommodate folks in IRPOS, flight cancels etc. Very proactive.

On at least two occasions they proactively rebooked me on UA PS to JFK when my AA flight was cancelled or significantly delayed and called me well before my scheduled flight to tell me to just check in with UA and had the same J class of service and even F on one occasion back when they still had F. Helps i'm sure that i was EXP but great staff at SFO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.