CP Benefit Alignment ? (drinks/meal when not upgraded)

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
It was for US CPs flying on AA metal but not for US CPs flying on US metal. It sounds like when we fly in coach on US planes the benefit will also be available as of 10/1.
I think that's correct, but on occasion, an FA would come find me in coach and ask if I wanted anything from up front.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:00 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Oh ok, that is good news then.
Indeed. This is a great benefit and I hope it stays. I can't imagine it costs the airline that much, but it's so nice to get the nod and for the company to show some appreciation. Half of the time, I don't even get the snack or drink, but it's so nice to have the option.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I just experienced this yesterday (29Sep) for the first time on US DCA-LAS. FA found me in coach and offered me a free snack and drink. Nice!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by gruss
Not that I've noticed. I was in the back on a 757 on Monday after moving up to an earlier flight and got no indication that was happening.
+1. Same situation on an A321 after a move-up. In coach, no perks.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: US Chairman
On the other hand, I flew first last week as a CP and didn't even get offered a snack up there (BOS - LGA).
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:47 am

CP Benefit Alignment ? (drinks/meal when not upgraded)

Snacks aren't served on the shuttle since its only a 25 minute flight and beer and wine are already complimentary in Y on the shuttle.
I'll be glad when US f/as can reciprocate this perk to AA ExPlats traveling in US Y, they've been asking about it for a long time.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

The US Airways website has been updated with the information on this benefit:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...chairmans.html
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Still not quite aligned but getting closer... On AA flights you get to choose any food item, on US flights you get the a la carte snacks. That translates to Pringles, M&Ms etc.

"Enjoy a complimentary snack and standard alcoholic beverage in the Main Cabin on US Airways, American Airlines and American Eagle flights. Choose any food item on American's menu or any snack from the US Airways a la carte menu. Standard alcoholic beverage includes one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine (items may vary)."
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Interesting. Hopefully AA won't align towards US and only offer snacks.

Originally Posted by Segments
Still not quite aligned but getting closer... On AA flights you get to choose any food item, on US flights you get the a la carte snacks. That translates to Pringles, M&Ms etc.

"Enjoy a complimentary snack and standard alcoholic beverage in the Main Cabin on US Airways, American Airlines and American Eagle flights. Choose any food item on American's menu or any snack from the US Airways a la carte menu. Standard alcoholic beverage includes one liquor miniature, beer or 187ml bottle of wine (items may vary)."
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Finally a FA information proves itself out for me. This is great news in my book and makes not getting the upgrade just a little bit nicer. It doesn't even bother me that full food isn't included. All I need is a little snack and drink. Although it would be nice if it aligned with AA. But I suspect this means it probably won't.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Really glad to see this crossover benefit rolled out!

But - seriously US, who edits your website? Yet again, I see you're using the logic of "New information? Just throw it at the top of the page." As if this perk is so much more important than any of the other CP benefits. Why not try to organize your content a little?

OT - I've always felt the same way about this page too. If I want to see earning rates for flying, would you think I'd like to see info for US, then AA, then OW, then other partners? Why is US' own info all the way at the bottom?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL PL, SPG & IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*, EC EE
"Complimentary snacks and drinks in the Main Cabin for Chairman's Preferred" What???

I found this:

Complimentary snacks and drinks in the Main Cabin for Chairman's Preferred
on US Airways website link to here.

Does this mean I get free stuff in economy seats? Does anyone have experience with this? This would be great, seeing how all I get on my ATL-CLT flights is mini water or oj cups right now...

Or, is "Main Cabin" equal to FC?

*the quote is under "What's new
Dividend Miles Preferred
Right now"
near the bottom of the page.

Last edited by micahdaniel; Nov 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm Reason: detail
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by micahdaniel
I found this:

on US Airways website link to here.

Does this mean I get free stuff in economy seats? Does anyone have experience with this? This would be great, seeing how all I get on my ATL-CLT flights is mini water or oj cups right now...

Or, is "Main Cabin" equal to FC?

*the quote is under "What's new
Dividend Miles Preferred
Right now"
near the bottom of the page.
Been happening for a while, reciproreciprocal to what EXP get on both US and AA. Main Cabin is economy...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL PL, SPG & IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*, EC EE
So, how does it work? When the mini oj/water cart comes by do I just flash my CP card and say where's my chips and salsa?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, US CP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by micahdaniel
So, how does it work? When the mini oj/water cart comes by do I just flash my CP card and say where's my chips and salsa?
They usually have a roster of CP/ExPlats sitting in economy just for this reason. If they are not up on this process, you can also flash your boarding pass which should have your status on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.