FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   ExpertFlyer - reflecting US Awards & Upgrades (Sep 2014) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1613559-expertflyer-reflecting-us-awards-upgrades-sep-2014-a.html)

linglingfool Sep 17, 2014 11:58 am

ExpertFlyer - reflecting US Awards & Upgrades (Sep 2014)

Fantastic news from EF:

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer
Dear linglingfool,

As part of our continued partnership with American Airlines, we are pleased to announce that ExpertFlyer now supports full US Airways Award & Upgrade searching and alerting. The addition of awards and upgrades from US Airways operated flights will complement the existing American Airlines operated award/upgrade data already available to subscribers of ExpertFlyer. In addition Flight Alerts can now be created for award and upgrade inventory for US Airways operated flights.

The newly supported classes are:

O - First - Award/Upgrades, also complimentary Preferred upgrades into First
J - Business - Upgrades into Business using Certificate upgrades for ALL applicable routes
I - Business - Award/Miles Upgrade
X - Economy – Award
Click here for the full list of airlines supported for Award & Upgrade searching and alerting.

We hope you enjoy the new addition to ExpertFlyer.

Sincerely, The ExpertFlyer.com Team

dml105 Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

HALLELUJA!!!

That is absolutely fantastic news.

Just tried it. It works as easy as pie.

ellinj Sep 17, 2014 1:05 pm

So the fare class to look for CP upgrades is J?

kudzu Sep 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 23541525)
So the fare class to look for CP upgrades is J?

Yes.

andover Sep 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool (Post 23541196)
Fantastic news from EF:

Come on DAL! The water is fine. Jump in!
Help your customer--> ME ;)

Sam I Am Sep 17, 2014 9:54 pm

ExpertFlyer - US Awards & Upgrades

Glad to see this approach instead of Delta's

mh3265a Sep 18, 2014 5:17 am

Great news and good approach by AA! They are clearly trying to distinguish themselves from UA and DL.

tacostuff Sep 18, 2014 9:45 am

ExpertFlyer - US Awards & Upgrades

So, to be clear I is the bucket if trying to cash in miles for a biz ticket (whether buying ticket with miles or upgrading using miles). J is ONLY for chairmains certs?

Also, does J apply for certificate upgrades on flights to/from Hawaii?

teese35 Sep 18, 2014 10:29 am

If I am trying to upgrade using miles which class would I want to be looking at for availability?

GNVGator Sep 18, 2014 11:06 am

Are we sure I is the low mileage envoy award? I thought the I bucket was UA. I know J is correct for the Envoy cert upgrade but I also thought it doubled as the envoy mileage award too?

Go Gators

rbourquin Sep 18, 2014 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by GNVGator (Post 23546283)
Are we sure I is the low mileage envoy award? I thought the I bucket was UA. I know J is correct for the Envoy cert upgrade but I also thought it doubled as the envoy mileage award too?

Go Gators

I have US business seat booked with Dividend Miles that shows as I.

kudzu Sep 20, 2014 6:47 am

Originally Posted by tacostuff (Post 23545790)
So, to be clear I is the bucket if trying to cash in miles for a biz ticket (whether buying ticket with miles or upgrading using miles). J is ONLY for chairmains certs?

Yes, J is for CP upgrade certs for aircraft with old Envoy (Business) cabin TATL/South America. The domestic O applies to/from Hawaii routes.

Originally Posted by teese35 (Post 23546069)
If I am trying to upgrade using miles which class would I want to be looking at for availability?

I class.

Originally Posted by GNVGator (Post 23546283)
Are we sure I is the low mileage envoy award? ...

Yes, as presently configured. The medium and high band US metal awards come out of the C bucket.

ellinj Sep 20, 2014 8:38 am

Originally Posted by tacostuff (Post 23545790)

I think it is O but not 100% sure. Saw some O availability when looking at PHX-HNL for the next couple of weeks.