Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy up to Preferred 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Since I didn't fly enough in 2014 to retain my Gold Status into 2015 (Platimum on the new AA), I went ahead and purchased the renewal. I received a confirmation code via email. The email also stated that my status would be updated within 3 days. Since I was already Gold and I renewed my Gold status, how can I confirm that my status has been updated for 2015? When I sign-in to my account on US's website, I don't see an expiration date for my status. Any ideas?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Log on at usairways.com and click 'reprint your card'. The card will have 'valid thru' date next to your "member since" date in small black letters right above your status. If you've been renewed, the "valid thru" date will be 2/29/16.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Not sure that works, my wife just finished a trial and got Silver Status and her card says 2015 when reprinting it.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Not sure that works, my wife just finished a trial and got Silver Status and her card says 2015 when reprinting it.
Agreed. I just earned CP and the card I received says 2015. This seems to be different from past years and I suspect reflects the anticipation of the dissolution of DM program.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Originally Posted by Circuits
Log on at usairways.com and click 'reprint your card'. The card will have 'valid thru' date next to your "member since" date in small black letters right above your status. If you've been renewed, the "valid thru" date will be 2/29/16.
Thanks! You're exactly right. The "Valid Thru" date is "2/29/2016". Beneath this is the status, "GOLD", and below the status is "Thru 2/28/2015". Glad to see that the "Valid Thru" date changed to reflect my 2015 Elite status.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Segments
Agreed. I just earned CP and the card I received says 2015. This seems to be different from past years and I suspect reflects the anticipation of the dissolution of DM program.
Your physical card only shows the current program year (as does my physical CP card). The online card also includes the "valid thru" date above the status, in addition to the current-year "Thru xx/xx/xx" below the status.

One can always call the preferred desk and get a status update, too, of course.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: US Gold | DL Gold
Apparently the buy up site isn't working using Google Chrome browser. I kept getting the "we're unable to process your request at this time" message yesterday and today. Begrudgingly used Internet Explorer on a whim and it worked the first time. Go figure!

As an interesting aside, when opened using Chrome, the site was showing me that I could get Platinum of Chairman's for the whopping sum of $0. These options did not appear when opened in IE. I'm sure I would have gotten the same error if I had chosen them, but didn't have the stones to tempt fate and try to finagle a status I didn't deserve.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Has anyone else seen this error message yet ? I just looked to see what would show up for options (fell back to gold for this year) and it reads -

Chairman's Preferred status is the highest Preferred level in the Dividend Miles program.

This seems strange and prompted me to look at my account to see if it was somehow showing as chairmans again. It wasn't.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: US Airways, American Airlines, United
Does anyone think there is a chance for someone like me, with a little over 75,000 PQM's, will be given a shot at buying up to Chairman's after the New Year?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by steve65341
Has anyone else seen this error message yet ? I just looked to see what would show up for options (fell back to gold for this year) and it reads -

Chairman's Preferred status is the highest Preferred level in the Dividend Miles program.

This seems strange and prompted me to look at my account to see if it was somehow showing as chairmans again. It wasn't.
Yes I saw it last year and I think they said I wasn't eligible to buy up. I can't remember the reason but it had to do with changing status.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by pkr529
Does anyone think there is a chance for someone like me, with a little over 75,000 PQM's, will be given a shot at buying up to Chairman's after the New Year?
They've already announced the buy up program for next, which doesn't include that. It seems very unlikely they would change it at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.