Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Club Policies

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
US Club Policies

I'm going to be heading on my first international trip since US joined OneWorld and had a Club question. If I'm US Gold (OneWorld Sapphire) and doing EWR-PHL-DUB, do I get club access complimentary while in PHL? The same question from when I'm just doing a PHL-FCO flight with no connection.

Also, as a 2nd question, are the Admirals Clubs accepting the Barclay's Credit Card lounge passes yet?

Thanks in advance!
-Matt
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
As a US Gold, you should get lounge access while traveling internationally (non-North America), but not for trips solely within North America.

At least that's my take, based on the Oneworld website research I did wile exploring the same question.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
But does the OP get lounge access at EWR on EWR-PHL-EU?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I'm going to be heading on my first international trip since US joined OneWorld and had a Club question. If I'm US Gold (OneWorld Sapphire) and doing EWR-PHL-DUB, do I get club access complimentary while in PHL? The same question from when I'm just doing a PHL-FCO flight with no connection.
My experience from when I was Gold and didn't have a US Club membership says yes, you should have access on both. I believe that it's your destination after PHL that matters. For example, ff you were going PHL-EWR-DUB you wouldn't have access in PHL. Going EWR-PHL-DUB you should have access in PHL.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But does the OP get lounge access at EWR on EWR-PHL-EU?
As long as your destination is international and on the same ticket then yes you get access in all clubs.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Does anyone know the answer to my 2nd question? Are the Admirals Clubs accepting the Barclay's US Airways Credit Card lounge passes yet?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Does anyone know the answer to my 2nd question? Are the Admirals Clubs accepting the Barclay's US Airways Credit Card lounge passes yet?
According to the newsletter that they sent out earlier in the week, I know some of the AA clubs are accepting them now if not all. There's a matter thread on the AA consolidated forum.

Go Gators

Edit: just read my email again and it turns out it's just RDU and DCA that have a reciprocal agreement with the credit card passes. Not sure why that makes any sense at all...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Per email all day-passes should be accepted at both US and AA.

As US Gold on international travel you should be able to have access to a lounge in EWR and PHL in your case.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iztok
Per email all day-passes should be accepted at both US and AA.

As US Gold on international travel you should be able to have access to a lounge in EWR and PHL in your case.
One interesting aspect is, the AA club day-pass only allows one guest while the US club day-pass allows TWO guests - the conditions are at the back of the pass.

Furthermore, AA club day-pass has NO name on it thus can be used by anyone while the US club day-pass has holder's name on it and can NOT be used by others.

There sure would be some argument at AA club when and if someone uses a US club day-pass with 2 guests as allowed by the T&Cs.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by sdix
As long as your destination is international and on the same ticket then yes you get access in all clubs.
Can confirm, flew SFO-LAX-LIM last week and had AC access in SFO and in LAX. As long as your destination is international (/intercontinental really), you'll have lounge access based on your status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.