Bags VIP experience

Old Jul 7, 14, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Bags VIP experience

Got a check in reminder email about 12 hours before T-24 for my flight from MCO-LAS, saying that I can check in 12 hours from now (good to know, thanks US...). Ostensibly an email advertisement with rental car offer/US mastercard offer etc., but at the bottom of the email it was advertising Bags VIP which sounded interesting. This is the first time I've noticed this but this is also the first time, in a while, that my O&D was a city other than GNV which isn't covered by Bags VIP. Regardless the service sounded interesting as a bag delivery service. Has anybody used them? Thanks.

Go Gators
Old Jul 13, 14, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA plat, HH, Marriott Platinum,
BAGS VIP

Has any one used this service? I am about to try it from LGA to IAH. Just did not know what happens about lost luggage etc etc
Old Jul 13, 14, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kalagapp View Post
Has any one used this service? I am about to try it from LGA to IAH. Just did not know what happens about lost luggage etc etc
Service is great. I've used it in a few major cities. You skip baggage claim and head to hotel. Within about 2 hours your bags are delivered to front desk and they can hold them or bring them to you if your ready.

Worth every dollar if your traveling with family or kids.
Old Jul 13, 14, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Vegas is the one place I would want to give it a try, the claim there is SOOOOO SLOW. But I wonder about how you will get your bag at a massive hotel I assume it will be handed off to the bell desk. From there I can see plenty of places for the ball to be dropped and your bags taking forever to get to you.
Old Jul 14, 14, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
Vegas is the one place I would want to give it a try, the claim there is SOOOOO SLOW. But I wonder about how you will get your bag at a massive hotel I assume it will be handed off to the bell desk. From there I can see plenty of places for the ball to be dropped and your bags taking forever to get to you.
+1 on LAS baggage claim slowness. I flew in from CLT and it took 50 minutes from deplane to bags coming out. Which surprises me, you'd think they'd still have some swag from the HP days but I guess they've completely spun that hub off. GF flew in on WN, she touched down 15 minutes after me and got her bags 10 minutes before me. Though it gives me a good excuse to pop into the centurion lounge and start the weekend off on the right foot while waiting for the bags.

In terms of the the service, I imagine that they bring it to the bell hop or concierge who then calls your room and delivers it if you're staying at one of the nicer properties. Please somebody chime in if they have used it.

Go Gators
Old Jul 14, 14, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by GNVGator View Post
+1 on LAS baggage claim slowness. I flew in from CLT and it took 50 minutes from deplane to bags coming out. Which surprises me, you'd think they'd still have some swag from the HP days but I guess they've completely spun that hub off. GF flew in on WN, she touched down 15 minutes after me and got her bags 10 minutes before me. Though it gives me a good excuse to pop into the centurion lounge and start the weekend off on the right foot while waiting for the bags.

In terms of the the service, I imagine that they bring it to the bell hop or concierge who then calls your room and delivers it if you're staying at one of the nicer properties. Please somebody chime in if they have used it.

Go Gators
Flew AA last time, bags were already rolling when I got to the belt. Hopefully that part of the operation will rub off on US @ LAS.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: