PQM question:)

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
My advice is to call Barclays and ASK for IT in advance!!
FYI - I called Barclay's today and they did not offer me any sort of additional 10K PQMs for $25K additional spend. The rep also said that this was the last year they would be offering this benefit for the card. Looks like I'm about done using the card as that was my primary reason for using it. It may make sense for me to cancel and sign up for one of the AA cards once things get settled.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I was pondering this as well.

I've now got two Barclays cards and two AAdvantage cards.

I'm likely to close out one Barclays card at the end of 2014. The second card I will ask them to reduce or eliminate the annual fee - as that card is the single card that I have the longest credit history with.

Am debating closing one AAdvantage card as the other card (the Exec card) comes with an Admirals Club membership and has no Forex fees associated with it.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: US CP, Hyatt Diamond
Do the 10K PQMs count towards special dividends? I'm trying to get the 85K special dividend of upgrades on award travel. Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by dshack89
Do the 10K PQMs count towards special dividends? ...
Yes, they count towards Special Dividends, and so do PQMs earned from other non-flying activities e.g. purchase of Club membership.

Exceptions are BuyUp or Nominations as stated in website

... •Special Dividends are based on your Preferred-qualifying miles or segments; buying up to Preferred or nominations to Preferred don't automatically qualify you for Special Dividends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.