Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to a mixed AA/US Award?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
Changes to a mixed AA/US Award?

As I'm sure you're all aware, one of the terms/conditions with US awards state: "For travel with our airline partners, no changes of any kind are permitted once travel has commenced." I'm curious whether anyone's had any luck changing a mixed AA/US award ticket after travel had commenced? I get the rule and I understand things are still separate but I guess I'm wondering whether anyone's been lucky enough to have changes made given that AA isn't a typical US "partner".

I booked a mixed AA/US international award with a really inconvenient layover on the return flight (9 hours in DFW) and I'm sure something will open up to tighten up the connection but I'm not sure it'll happen before departure. I guess I could try at the airport to see if I can take an earlier flight home during that 9 hour layover...

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.